Water collections trays 5 Gallon Fabric Pots

Just looking for some ideas of what you guys use to collect runoff water from your 5 gallon fabric pots? My pots are on the white wire closet shelving, so I am looking for something that I can slide under them when watering.

Ideally I would water the plants in the tent and remove whatever tray/apparatus that would be under the plant collecting water to check runoff.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

I use these:

I have a 3x3 tent and I use a washing machine overflow tub rather than indiv saucers. The fabric pots sit on risers.

I have wood shims under the tub so the overflow drains to the door and sponge the excess out. Amnesia haze in 3 gallon pot is pictured

3 Likes

here’s the riser

4 Likes

I used oil pans from dollar tree. Only $1 a piece. :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

4 Likes

Turkey pans might work

1 Like

Washing machine drain tray. 20 bucks and you can have the runoff drain into a tub. Only problem is, all the water mixes together. So if your anal about seeing each plants runoff then it wont work.

4 Likes

I use big square glass casserole dishes picked up at yard sale . One Buck apiece. I like them because they’re only a couple inches tall. And Not flexible when you pull them out and they’re full of water. Good luck.

1 Like

@ImSICKkid, how do you like the fans that attach to the poles? Do they oscillate?

1 Like

The ones in that picture do not oscillate. I do have one of the vivosun ones that move but the downfall of it is how far it sticks out. So if you have a smaller tent it will eat up alot of space

2 Likes

Yes, these are perfect to keep the fabric pot from sitting in it’s own waste runoff. Keep those roots healthy!

2 Likes

I use them with trays to collect runoff and keep bag out of water also

2 Likes

I do the same but from Walmart about 3 bucks a piece. Very sturdy and good for my 7 gal. fabric pots.

1 Like

I use saucers with high walls and risers like others do. I went with oversized saucers and risers so I can swap them out easily to get good runoff PPM readings. If you are testing PPMs with sentiment present in the saucers from previous watering, you won’t get accurate readings.

2 Likes

Where do you find those?

2 Likes

Amazon!!

2 Likes