Water change out with bubble bucket system

I am trying to find out how often you should switch the water for a bubble bucket system? I am using Advanced Nutrients Grow, Bloom, Micro for my nutrients but they do not use PPMs they have a feed schedule but according to them they said that I should switch the water once a week and add the new nutrients in with the fresh water. I have read several places where it discourages water change outs but talks about adding water to your current reservoir. I am at a loss and am afraid the plants will not grow properly and end up in shock from the constant change.

2 Likes

Frigging hydro… its sooo complicated. I kid i kid. Lemme get you some hydro pros to help ease ur mind.

@peachfuzz @DoobieNoobie @Grandaddy013 (? Sorry i can never keep u and @BigDaddyCain differentiated) @GreenJewels (yea ur a bubble guru now :wink:) @bryan

Help the man above please stoners

4 Likes

If your using 5 gallon buckets in a dwc than you need to change out nutrients and clean everything every 7 days…
This also means that you know what to feed your plants at which stage of flower or growth that they are in…
So in between that 7 days you just top off with good ph’d water…
Now this regimen only works if you can keep water temps under 67 degrees Fahrenheit…
If not than you may need to do a full change out before 7 days…
Even at 70 degrees Fahrenheit I didn’t worry about it too much and still went the 7 day’s before a clean and refill and I had no issues…
But I also use orca and hydrogard in my solution…
That’s why I moved to rdwc…
I only change out res every 3 weeks when in flower and have an automatic self watering system set up that tops off for me the hole time in between change outs … :wink::+1:
:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

He’s got you covered. Anything longer or hotter in buckets you’ll risk getting root rot. And once it starts its hard to get rid of. I also highly recommend hydroguard and i also use hygrozyme at the same time.

5 Likes

Change weekly add till then.

2 Likes

I concur, sir

1 Like

My teachers have you covered :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

The fuzz has you covered in single buckets I always did every 5-7 days in my rdwc I’m like every 9-12 days and on lazy times I’ve gone 18 days never longer then that lol

2 Likes

I use bulletproof and hygrozyme. Also when I used the AN line most of them recommended every 5-7 days to full change out

@Grandaddy013 since you here you still liking the jacks nuits I got mine just haven’t tried it out yet

2 Likes