Watch me grow crappy bag seeds

Looks beautiful. Plenty of time to fill in

1 Like

Looking super clean :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hey all. Could you help me figure out whatā€™s going on here?
Bag seed unknown strain week 3 of flower

Under a Mars Hydro ts1000 150watt maxed out 13ā€ from canopy.

Roots organic coco based medium

GH Kool Bloom @ 5ml/gal
FF cal-mag @ 5ml/gal (non feed days only)

Water is from the tap. Phā€™d to 5.5-6.5. I allow it to fluctuate but mostly around 6.3. Tap water is 270ppm by itself.

Daytime temps are 70-75f, night 60-70f

RH 35-40

Runoff pH is 6.8ish (higher than Iā€™d like, slowly getting lower)
Runoff tds is 1097ppm
Totally water/feed volume 1/2-3/4 gallon every 2 days.

So, Iā€™m noticing most of my low leaf growth has begun to get splotchy yellowing. Not like when a fan leaf turns yellow and dies.

Mid level fans are starting to show rusty brown spots mid leaf

And lastly my tops appear to be very light green.

@kaptain3d @AfgVet @KoolHandLuke @kellydans @GreenFlex @Nicky @Not2SureYet @Hellraiser @beardless @Kilgoretrout

6 Likes

Did you spill nute solution on those leaves at any time in the past two or three waterings?
I had a few of my leaves turn to bleach spots when I got sloppy when feeding. If itā€™s only
a few select leaves, Iā€™d keep an eye out for it spreading but on a handful of leaves I donā€™t
think itā€™s time to panic.

3 Likes

I wish that was my issue. I mix everything outside of the tent and purposely have no growth within 6ā€ of the top of the grow medium so itā€™s easier to water. Most of the pictures are in the top 2/3 of the plant. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s a combination of a calcium deficiency mixed with a medium pH issue being a little too high for too long.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful plant ya have there friend! Iā€™ll let the big dogs you got tagged in here handle the serious business Iā€™m just here to admire your handiwork :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™m trying my hardest to get a good quality smoke. My last harvest was decent but fluffy still. A light upgrade will be in the near future I do believe.

2 Likes

Yeah I really really went back and forth on my light purchase. I went ā€œcheapā€ with a knockoff quantum board. But cheaps a relative term lol. 450 SEEMED like a lot for a light. Until you harvest 30 zips and it seems like chump change. Iā€™m so glad people here talked me out of my blurples and into some 301bs. My only regret is I didnā€™t just drop the 900. I love my light and get dense buds butā€¦could they be better. It haunts me lol.

2 Likes

What light are you working with now?

1 Like

Iā€™d like to help you out but Iā€™m not the best with these type of issues. What I do see is ph issues. You said you ph between 5.5 and 6.5. Thatā€™s a huge variance. Not sure if roots organic is considered soil or non soil. If soil your ph should be between 6.5 and 7.0 with 6.8 being optimal (best I can remember with soil). If coco it should be between 5.8 and 6.2.

Iā€™d say you need to get your ph figured out before proceeding.

I think you have a cal/mag issue but your ph being off may be causing a lock out.

Figure out what you ph should be and do a flush to get it where it needs to be.

@kaptain3d @Bulldognuts @imSICKkid anyone know anything about roots organic? Soil? Coco?

4 Likes

I agree with you for the PH, but @imSICKkid would be better suited to answer this question since heā€™s in cocoā€¦ :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Iā€™m in coco, I just donā€™t know if roots organic is soil or coco

4 Likes

That was my first thought as well.

I donā€™t know nothinā€™ 'bout ph and stuffā€¦ but if it was a Calcium deficiency, I think the signs would start on the lower leaves.

5 Likes

Rust spots are calcium deficiency, itā€™s common come flower in coco. This why you have to bump up calcium and always ensure your coco is pre buffed coco or youā€™ll fight this and loose most often. Seems your coco is buffed or you would be having a bigger issue.

Also 5.5-6.1

Your PH range is to much and to high.
Your best bet is to flush a bit with phā€™d cal mag water.

@Jake3 by the way great post it was really informative and let me diagnose the issue right awayšŸ‘

5 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty much what I said, the question is, is root organic treated like coco or soil?

ā€œRoots organic coco based mediumā€.

Coco based?

3 Likes

@AfgVet to be honest I was just trying to get all my tags answered before bed last night and on multiple posts I didnā€™t even look at anyoneā€™s replyā€™s lol. scrolling up , I agree with your reply and to my understanding it is a coco yes.

2 Likes

I know thereā€™s other products out there that are ā€œcoco basedā€ that people donā€™t treat as coco. I use coco, straight coco, but coco based? Could be a big difference ph wise. I know thereā€™s someone in here that uses it. I just canā€™t remember who

2 Likes

@AfgVet, I believe the Magician you are looking for is here :

4 Likes

I think Merlin is talking about their nute line. I just read the same.

4 Likes

@BobbyDigital @Chemzdead

Is Roots organic treated like coco or soil as far as ph goes?

3 Likes