Watch me grow crappy bag seeds

@Covertgrower the white on one leaf was dust and the other larger splotch was I assume calcium from my dumb ass watering one of the other babies over top of that one and forgetting to wipe off the runoff.

@BobbyDigital and @Nicky I did add perlite to the medium. Total perlite is between 30-40% now. I did just finish watering the plants when I took the photo, but they are definitely over watered as I am trying to stunt them a little while the autos in the tent are both in early to mid flower. Iā€™ll be transplanting all 3 into 1 gallon pots on Wednesday 12/9.

Iā€™m very limited on ground space right now as I have 2 autos in this tent that are both in 3 gal pots and the tent is only 2.5ā€™x2.5ā€™ footprint with one small 150watt LED.

Is there a safer way to stunt growth other than over watering for a little longer? Iā€™m well aware now that I shouldā€™ve waited 3-4 more weeks before dropping those seeds. You know what they say. Hindsight is 20/20 but this is 2020 and itā€™s already Fā€™d up. Haha

4 Likes

Yikes yeah you donā€™t have the space nor the light for more than one plant.

2 Likes

If you are really trying to stunt it or keep it small. You may want to consider doing it similar to a single cola. Basically, grow the main cola, and trim the lower buds that will not get much light. I did that with one last grow. I ended up with 8 nice branches and the main cola. I would then position your plants in a triangle to make the best use of your space. Your yield may be smaller. But the buds will be as good as you will be able to get with that light. Just my 02 :wink:

3 Likes

I transplanted the 3 today. Was finally able to get to the store and get bigger pots that arenā€™t 5 gallon. I grabbed 1.5 gallon pots for now and will flower them in 3 gallon. I think Iā€™ve narrowed down my issue with the one plant and the dark spots on the leaves. Iā€™m thinking it could be the chlorine in my tap water. Iā€™ve been trying to let it off gas overnight but I think in a 1 gallon milk jug the hole is way too small to allow it to happen naturally so I picked up some drops to help out. All 3 plants started to show the same issue and I triple checked for bugs with a 100x microscope. Zero bugs, my ph is 6.2(in and out) so I doubt I have a NUTE lockout unless Iā€™m seriously wrong in my understanding. (Medium is peat and coco with 40%ish perlite) I forgot to take pictures of the amazing roots I saw when transplanting. Maybe I shouldnā€™t have inoculated with mycos and theyā€™d have grown slower. Lol. Maybe Iā€™m wrong about all of this but after 6 kraken and cokes, who cares???

2 Likes

5 days after transplant and the 3 are doing alright. I dosed them with mycos while transplanting and afternoon a day or two they started to grow again. As for now, theyā€™re still relatively short which is ok. Iā€™m beginning to realize that my setup is definitely not big enough for what my original plan was so I think Iā€™ll be keeping only 1 plant if I get one thatā€™s female.

This one is about 6ā€ tall and has the slowest growth Iā€™ve seen.

Here we have about 7ā€ and itā€™s already reaching the edge of its pot!

This is my largest one of the bunch and is about 9ā€ tall with great node spacing and the best growth rate of all. This is also the one that has been showing the spots on the leaves, but they havenā€™t gotten any worse and are not showing on any of the new growth. Out of all, Iā€™m really hopeful that this one is a girl

3 Likes

Welp. Another update. Plants are growing great now that Iā€™ve got this watering/feeding schedule worked out better. Unfortunately I believe I have a male plant. My smallest one of the 3 has thrown out a little ball of growth right at a node. I noticed it last night before I left for work. If someone can confirm for me, Iā€™ll rip that little sucker right out of the tent. I also have not changed my light schedule from 18/6 yet and have made sure that there are no light leaks. @ @kellydans @Davyg @BobbyDigital @repins12 @Covertgrower @GreenFlex @DankBank22 @OlyBoy98503 @Hellraiser

5 Likes

@Nicky @Not2SureYet @beardless @AfgVet @Cannabian @KoolHandLuke @Otis @Growforum

4 Likes

I am not great at this. When they are this young. @Myfriendis410, @MattyBear and @dbrn32 are all on right now and probably know

3 Likes

Pretty early, but does look like a pistil trying to squirt through

4 Likes

Still a little too early to tell for sure

6 Likes

I sure hope youā€™re right. Itā€™s hard to get in there with my phone to get a clear picture without those little spikes of green at the node being in the way.

3 Likes

Thats looking a lot like mannabis, but patients is a good idea, Ive been wrong with early guessing before

4 Likes

I would wait a little longer. Itā€™ll make itself clear as day

2 Likes

I would wait a bit yet :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yeah to early.

1 Like

Iā€™m with @Cannabian, Iā€™d put money on it being a boy, sorry.

2 Likes

Agreed but to early to say for sure yet I think

2 Likes

What they said ^

1 Like

Hey everyone. Itā€™s officially Christmas Eve in NY. The 3 girls seem to be doing a little better today. Without realizing it, I had been feeding them way low ph. After adding in my fox farm grow big, pH was sitting right around 5.5! That may not seem super low as the medium is coco based but Iā€™m assuming because itā€™s a coco peat mix that it benefits from being closer to 6.0.

So hereā€™s the backstory. I keep buying those cheap $13 pH meters off amazon because my wife doesnā€™t realize that just getting 1 reliable name brand one would cost less than buying a new cheap one ever few months when they wonā€™t re calibrate. So, my tap water has been right at 8.5 for the last 3 years and since the water company now has changed hands. The new owners actually test and adjust everything in the water. I havenā€™t been testing it because Iā€™ve kept a log of what the ph drops/raises to after adding nutes and how much pH up or down I needed to get where I want it. It now sits at 7.2 before adding anything. My nutes have been plummeting the pH. Got a new meter in and a liquid test kit from GH as my backup. After 3 days of watering and feeding, checking runoff Iā€™m back within the 6.0-6.2 range that I think this medium likes.

As for my suspected male plant, thereā€™s not been any real noticeable progression in the last 3 days. Iā€™ve gone ahead and topped all branches at the 3rd node on the largest of the 3. Once the 2 smaller plants catch up Iā€™ll do the same to them. Also the 1st node has been completely removed from all.

7 Likes

So I bid on 4 auctions this week from a breeder I follow on a social media platform. First time every doing it. I ended up winning 3 of the auctions. 3 separate 10 packs of regular seeds and a breeder pack of another strain! I canā€™t wait to get them now.
Zia Farm and Seed: Lemon Haze
Franchise genetics: Orange Poison
Heaven Scent Seed Co: Cherry Berry Kush
And the breeder pack is Canna Fam Seeds: Jigsaw feminized. I know nothing about these companies genetics stability or the strains but I guess Iā€™ll find out here in a few months when I can get some into a little dirt.

6 Likes