Watch me grow crappy bag seeds

Bag seed can be really good pot! No shame in that! When I was younger you couldnt get anything other than bag seed. There wasnt any boutique seed available, you bought weed and sifted the seeds out of it. If you were super lucky you bought some good pot and a couple seeds were in there, even if the dealer called it sensi.

5 Likes

My best clone Cherry Ice Cream started with bag seed and is my favorite thing to smoke at night.

2 Likes

I pulled 2 seeds out of our bag of White Runtz yesterday. Definitely saving those.

2 Likes

Heh heh heh! I see you’ve been busy. Lol!

1 Like

Thanks for the tag. Crossing my fingers you get some females :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Tagging along on this one. I love a good mystery.

1 Like

Let’s see what happens
Where did you get them from. What’s the story?

1 Like

The seeds came from a friend. She’s been saving me the most viable looking ones from each bag she gets. She doesn’t ever get anything that would knock any socks off, but I can’t buy any seeds right now and I want to grow. Lol

2 Likes

So this is my first time attempting a coco based grow. I was checking on the seedlings tonight and noticed that overnight, the perlite has turned yellow and the leaves are also turning yellowish. The picture doesn’t really show it but it’s very clear to the naked eye.

4 Likes

Just bc it came from a bag doesnt mean its not an auto. My girl came from a bag of lemon haze and is an auto.

2 Likes

True but highly. Unlikely

2 Likes

Yea i wasn’t expecting it. Just putting it out there incase he didnt know.

1 Like

I transplanted the 2 healthiest and most vigorous growing seedlings to slightly larger pots 4 days ago. They’re taking off great! The remaining 2, 1 is doing well and almost ready for a new pot. The other is my little mutant. It had helmet head for a few days and now only has one useful leaf. It doesn’t appear to have grown at all in the past 3 days but I think I’ll keep it for now.

3 Likes

You didn’t pull. The helmet off?

I did on day 2 above ground. I was hoping that it would fall off on its own but it was stuck good.

Day 18 update: my little squirt with helmet head has been removed. It was just way too far behind the others to be able to sex it properly and have a large enough viable plant. I transplanted the other one that was still in the 4 spot tray up to a solo cup and growth has increased dramatically. I forgot to mention in my last update that as the plants get transplanted up, they are all getting a mycorrhizae inoculant. All 3 of the remaining seedlings are starting to get feedings twice weekly at 1/4 strength of the recommended dose of fox farm trio and cal-mag with every watering. Of the hopeful female plants, one is considerably taller and wider than the others but they two smaller ones are now progressing a little faster and I’m starting to see branches develop. We’re up to 4 nodes on each plant now as well.
I’ve also decided that mainlining with LST will be the route I go with them. I’ll begin topping them once they’ve developed 6 nodes. Topping above the 3rd node And transplanting into 1.5 gallon pots just before I’m ready to start their training. Eventually I’d like to flower them in 3 gallon final pots.

4 Likes

Day 24: I seem to be having an issue. The largest of the 3 plants is beginning to show some issues that I can’t seem to put my finger on. I’m getting brown/black splotches on 1 fan leaf. They’re slight depression in the leaf and have no distinct shape or pattern to them. I’ve thoroughly checked every plant and there are zero critters. All 3 have gotten a very light feeding of fox farms grow big and get a little cal-mag supplement with every feed and water. Water source is town water from my tap pH’d to 6.0-6.2 as my grow medium is coco and peat based. I have been leaving the water in an uncovered jug for 2-3 days before using to off gas the chlorine. Beyond that, I’m lost on how to help this little plant.

@repins12 @kaptain3d @Nicky @Covertgrower @Not2SureYet @BobbyDigital @Hellraiser

3 Likes

Might be dust, might be a thrip…
Check the white splotches.

2 Likes

Did you add the perlite? It looks overwatered. The red stems could be caused by overwatering as well. What are your watering practices?

1 Like

Looks like perlite is in there but I’m wondering if it’s a pest as well, the thing should have been planted up already it may have used all the nutrients in that pot.