Wasp/Bug Greenhouse management help

How do you outdoor growers avoid wasps in your garden, I have some bugs that get in the greenhouse and stay at the top which attracts wasps/hornets. I know they are beneficial because they eat other bugs. I have 2 mint plants 1 outside and 1 inside my greenhouse. I’ve read they hate the smell but seem to ignore it for the food that flys around at the top if the greenhouse.

The pests in my tent are your average small lawn beetles, mosquito, flies and other small bugs.
I use bacillus thuringiensis when watering my plants and have no issues with my plants after inspecting them for bug problems. I’m just scared shitless of them and trying to water with little yellow bastards flying around sucks. my other option is to water later in the day when they calm down but that is my last option at the moment.

Currently works, but doesn’t keep them away.

Greenhouse smells sweet, so its attracting other bugs. Wasps/Yellow jackets are eating those other bugs. I’ve decided to just let them eat those bugs and to water after dinner when they’ve calmed down.

going to keep an eye out for any possible nests inside the greenhouse which is a no no.
come for some food but dont move in.

1 Like