Washing your bud - apple cider vinegar

You’ve heard of washing fruit and veg in apple cider vinegar, what about your bud? Give it a quick soak (5 mins) and wash before the drying process.

Being midly acidic will it take away from any of the important trichomes that give the plant :potted_plant: its power

Everything is organic so its not like its getting chemicals or sprays of fruit and veg, but i still think ACV might be effective for washing. What do you think?

Kind regards
Shane

1 Like

When I wash buds I use traditional hydrogen peroxide wash & rinse. May use baking soda in first bucket if needed.
You work hard to develop the smell and taste of your flower. Why would you want to contaminate it with apple cider vinegar?

7 Likes

Not to mention molecules in the vinegar would probably bind to the thc reducing its strength

1 Like

I’ve seen apple c vinegar used to treat white powder mildew but haven’t heard of using it to wash buds. I’ve done a couple washes once just peroxide/water and the second time I used a third bucket doing it baking soda/water in 1st / peroxide/water 2nd / just water in 3rd … like in this illustration :point_down: I have in my notes except I haven’t used lemon juice and as @beardless said :point_up_2:

I have this other one too

7 Likes

My buddy did an experiment with apple c vinegar he used it on one plant up to the day he harvested did a wash and said no one could pick out the bud that was treated with the vinegar even when smoked… I don’t remember the dilution with water he used but I know he used it with water

2 Likes

A surfing buddy of mine uses it on his sunburns… Ride in the van with him - He smells like salad dressing.

4 Likes

laughing+emoji+gif

2 Likes

I’d go a diff route as the vinegar might make for a weird taste. Use peroxide and water in one bucket. Baking soda and lemon juice in the second bucket and plain water in the 3rd bucket. Do a 3 to 5 minute soak in each bucket start with the baking soda and lemon juice bucket soak let drip off most then go to peroxide bucket soak a bit let drip then rinse it off well on plain water hang to dry and cure.

3 Likes

I think just for that thought, you need to take 3 ACV shots!:sunglasses:

Its cheaper to use peroxide as well

2 Likes

I agree with :point_up_2:. Vinegar is used to clean off and clean floors, laundry; I’d be ascared it would wash away trichs.

2 Likes

vinegar is used to make tincture just like alcohol… I think you might dissolve off your thc!

1 Like

I mix quarter cup baking soda with quarter cup lemon juice in one 5 gallon bucket with warm water, and two 5 gallon buckets of straight water to rinse. Dunk and swirl in first bucket, then rinse in second bucket, and rinse again in third bucket.

3 Likes

Acetic acid is the component in vinegar you are looking for. There is a product called ‘paracetic acid’ used in the distillery industry so is food safe. I would personally avoid apple cider vinegar over using white vinegar, but peroxide works so well; why use anything else?

6 Likes

I you the 3 bucket method like @Mark0427 lemon juice and baking soda in the 1st bucket, peroxide and water in the 2nd and water only in the 3rd

2 Likes

Just remember vinegar can and will kill plants. I would avoid using ACV unless treating for say WPM for example. Better off with a using a Hydrogen peroxide and water solution. Its been put to the test by who knows how many marijuana growers use H2O2. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes