Washing buds take me to school

What is washing buds, why do it, how is it done and does it degrade the thc

Thanks to all for their knowledge

Washing buds is cleaning them of bacteria and mold spores prior to drying. 4 parts water to 1 part hydrogen peroxide. Soak in a tub for about 5 minutes. Wont degrade thc. Rinse with clean water and hang to dry off excess water, then dry as you normally would. Easy peasy. Lots of videos on YouTube.

3 Likes

Also to rinse away pesticides or any pest residue…

2 Likes

Thanks for your response, I figured it would wash away the trichs away. Just everyone knows, I’ve been wrong before lol

2 Likes

Here’s what is do, and you can go to the website and get a lot more information as to why you should do it. I’ll never go back to not washing. I think a person can probably do without the third bucket, but I do it anyway. And I just use my well water. Gets rid of all kind of dirt, hair, etc.

Trichs are not water soluble. It takes a solvent like alcohol or butane, high heat or extreme cold to affect them. Very similar to tree sap.

1 Like

Thank you for your information it is very good. So I am guessing you will get a more accurate taste as well

Thanks, makes perfect sense. Guess I was thinking about kief or trichs after drying. Thanks again

1 Like

For sure. It’s a must do as far as I’m concerned. Especially if you have pets, or live near a dusty road, etc.

2 Likes

Your not alone on this one. I started growing again after a 20 year break, when i herd of people washing there fresh picked buds i bout lost it. What you say!!! But i did it to some and not to some off the same plant and washing is the way to go. They actually dry better and smoke better. There was no loss of potency. If anything the washed buds were stonier.

3 Likes