Was wondering if I could use my water from my Dehumidifier to water the girls with

Need some help on water :sweat_drops:

Yes you can, but be aware that any pollutants in your air will also be in the water so could, in theory, affect pH and so forth as it’s only condensed water vapour and not distilled water.

But plenty people do just what you want to do, why throw away perfectly good water?

2 Likes

You can check the liquid for solids using your TDS meter; it can kinda tell you if you have a lot of contaminants…

1 Like

Another way is smell it and think “would I drink that” because if you used anything from Diesel Central, or Europe, and live in any sort of urban area the chances are you’ll see the oils from the exhaust fumes on the water surface as well as be able to smell the particulates if the street gets as busy as the one outside my place.

1 Like

I live in the country & use my dehumidifiers water. But always check it.

2 Likes

Though it was ok but want to be safe. This page is awesome thank you guys and gals.

1 Like

I wouldn’t use that water it has to many airborne pathagens in it I’ve seen people that have ruined whole crops do to doing that. The only way I’ve ever seen it successful was when the person spent hr and hr of time cleaning his dehumidifier I mean he had to take it apart to clean every aspect of it and I don’t think it’s worth the time you can get a ro system pretty cheap and I use plain tap water for my ladies and they do fine. But I am thinking of getting a ro system to see if it helps with my rdwc system

If you’re using airco or a duhumidifier you should be giving it regular cleaning out and sterilisation no matter what to prevent mould and other nasties, so that argument goes out the window. If you don’t follow such a regimen, then potential pollutants, etc, are going to, in reality, be the least if your worries.

And the same “pathogens” will be in your RO water as well, and possibly worse as that rainwater comes from somewhere else so could contain anything and everything, think of how acid rain is created, think of what you are stating, then take a step back and realise how far off the mark you are.

1 Like

I’ve eused mine it’s actually cleaner than the water out my faucet at 20 ppm my faucet is 450ppm.