Was light burning my little 4 White Widow plants

I posted my four plants a couple of weeks ago. they are just getting there 3rd set of real leaves on my White Widow. So this is what I found out. I was light burning my plants. At first I thought it was a water problem. I’m using a thousand watt led light and I only had it twelve inches away. I did my research and found out they should be 36 to 46 inches away. the leaves that got burnt were not the real leaves. I use to use cfl lights. Here are some pictures. They are growing better now.

They definitely look better. Nice recovery!

Thankyou,

1 Like

I’m new to growing only 6 weeks in to my first grow and did exactly the same thing not knowing light burn from leds takes days to show and being a cheap blurple 2000w eBay monster there was no PPFD chart etc i had it at 12 inches for about 5 days then lifted it to 24 inches.
I was worried how stunted and bushy they got with internode spacing exceptionally close but after getting 2 mars hydro lights they have come out looking very nice.

2 Likes

Looking great!

2 Likes

Cheers wouldn’t be anywhere’s near as good if I hadn’t discovered Bill Wards YouTube channel putting me onto ILGM and Mars leds

2 Likes

I still couldn’t figure out with the led if its too close or not too close. Plus it is in our basement. I changed the lights. I’m now using 4 ft, 8 tube florescent system, 432 watts. Now my babies have more heat, which is good, and I can water them more. I got 2 fans and a humidifier, the babies are happy. I have 12 inches above the highest baby. Will put pictures on later.

1 Like

Here are my babies, they just woke up so looking a little sleepy.

1 Like