WARNING: Growing cannabis is addictive... Stonedrus ✌

@PurpNGold74 I have to second everything that you said. That was all very informative @Bogleg, you broke it down completely where I could follow along and understand every aspect. It’s so damn fascinating, I can’t wait to have to the space to be able to truly start experimenting and searching for those phenos. I appreciate you, brother! :fist:t4:

1 Like

Looks absolutely beautiful in there. Like a mini forest. I would love to be in there! I could only imagine how easy it is to lose track of time and simply hangout in there watching them.

1 Like

I have been hunted out of the growzone many times by the wife

2 Likes

I wanna know whats it smelling like in there… love this stage. The smells start popping up and constantly changing.

3 Likes

The GSCX clone who is getting silver is getting ready to produce pollen. I will need to collect it and store it for a little while as I don’t have any thing in flower at the moment,

5 Likes

Also I have been having problems with seeds germinating and not breaking the soil. I am using the method of soaking them till they sink and sprout, after that they are put in dirt and left for up to 14+ days but are not popping the soil. Starting to piss me off. Think I will use paper towels in between the soak and dirt to hopefully get a longer tap root and then just lay it into hole in the top of soil. Any words of wisdom on getting seedlings to pop. @peachfuzz @imSICKkid @Bogleg @RAP @PurpNGold74 @CoyoteCody @Hellraiser @merlin44 @dbrn32

3 Likes

I was having similar results. Seemed the longer I let the tail sprout the less I got to break the soil. So last 3 - 4 grows I soaked until the seed just split and could see white and no tail yet popped into dirt and 9 out of 1o have been coming up. 1 time was straight to soil no soaking and all came up. This week I did soak until split again and 7 of 10 so far. I find that it takes longer to pop putting in soil without tails but I have a better success rate. I have had seeds take up to 14 days to pop through but they turn out fine.

3 Likes

Also I try and put the seed with split side down if it matters.

2 Likes

As @rap (I think) said, I put the seeds in soil (about 1/4" down) as soon as they crack, I don’t wait for the little tail to get very long. This has worked perfectly for me. I make certain that the soil is thoroughly moist but NOT wet. I don’t water until the first pre-leaves are open and then just mist the soil when it appears to dry. I also put a clear dome on to keep humidity up. I do mist the inside of the dome.

3 Likes

I would say that the majority of the time , the problem is either going to be temperatures , humidity or the soil is to damp and drowns the seedling…
I like humidity around 85% to 95% if achievable and temps around 75 to 85 degrees and lightly misted soil and that usually gets the job done…
Also I try to only put them a 1/4 inch below the soil… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

If the seed germinates it should grow. Or at least is considered viable seed. Everything else is up to grower. I think peachfuzz has great suggestions here.

Seed down tail up is how I was taught. Seen post maybe year or so back by Mr. Soul and he A1TAconcurs. Have never had a germinated seed not pop or still have helmet. I do not let tails get very long though.

4 Likes

I’ve seen an experiment where seeds where germinated in zero gravity, the ‘grow vessel’ was then rotated 90° and 180° at random intervals, 6hrs, 12hrs, 24hrs, back to 6…
Know what happened?

The seedling couldn’t be tricked,
it knew exactly where “up” was and corrected itself continually to continue growing “upwards”
The conclusion of the experiment was that that plant is drawn by magnetism, including the ebb and flow of the moon…

5 Likes

My seedling method is very basic,
Soak for 24 hrs, high RH,
then I plant in media,
personal perspective…
The seedling breaking the shell and pushing through soil/media is, IMHO, the plants first steps,
like doing push ups to strengthen ones arms.
As with all debatable subjects,
it comes down to the individual dealers choice :v:

1 Like

Thank you for your responses, I really appreciate your input. I am going drop a few more seed into some finely sifted dirt, and put them under the dome.

Yeah that’s the part that is upsetting, it’s most likely human error.

1 Like

Here are some trichome pics from last harvest.

7 Likes

I put the first net in last night and will finish arranging the branches this evening.

10 Likes

The girls are happy this evening. I am starting to remove some of the older fan leaves and thinning the leaves blocking bud sites.

8 Likes