WARNING: Growing cannabis is addictive... Stonedrus ✌

They veg until they get moved to the flower tent after the last ones are harvested, not by a set amount of time. They range from 2 months to 6 months in age and receive alot of training and defoliation to keep them compact. Once they are potted up in the flower tent and have filled the screen, then they are flipped.

7 Likes

Love it! Nice work. :grin: I’ve really enjoyed following along with your grows.

3 Likes

Looking spectacular as always my friend :v:

4 Likes

Quite a difference in a week.
Nice grow.
Every thing going smoothly
@Stonedrus

3 Likes

Stripped most of the fan leaves off the veg girls and moved them around under the lights. In veg for the next round are GSCX, GG, LSD, AK47, Grn Crk, and OG kush.

4 Likes

Has anyone ever used thin layer chromatography on breeding males? I know how to find the highest cannabinoids concentrations in females, but for males are the leaves used and would you need to wait till a certain age of maturity for the male before testing it? Please add anyone else to the conversation. Thanks @emgoldslo, @Nicky, @imSICKkid, @Covertgrower , @Bogleg, @RAP, @Myfriendis410, @CoyoteCody, @kaptain3d

6 Likes

Good question, I don’t know how you would use TLC to check for male cabinoids. Even more so early on.

I know you can’t take leaf samples and have their genomes mapped, you can also take early leaf samples to test for male/female regent tests, as well you can do a regent test for strains that have have had their genomes mapped (at least this is how my understanding of the topic is)
You may be able to try it with leaf samples
@emgoldslo used the kit we found to test flower and edibles but I imagine the test still works on males just the results may be very hard to read /minor but I really don’t know.
I’ve been trying to learn a bit about genetics but finding the time is hard and the investment is large in both finances and time… Which I don’t think I can do time wise in my current situation

3 Likes

Can’t say I’ve used any particular method, other than appearance and growth.

1 Like

I know there are tests that can be done in immature plant leaves that will estimate thc and tell gender of plant. Not sure if you could use TLC for this.

When I get a chance I’ll email tech support of the company I purchased the kit from and see if they can help.

4 Likes

This green crack from the seed room turned dark purple with temps at around 65 at night.

9 Likes

The title of this thread couldn’t be more true.

Just about 5 weeks from finishing my second grow and I’m going fully organic soil.
And bought my 7th (and hopefully LAST) LED light. Went with the HLG 260w Rspec.

3 Likes

Looks great @Stonedrus I’ve got a green crack growing.
Just started its flowering stage outdoors. Hope it turns out as good as that bud in your hands. Even 1/2 as good would be good but thats a nice bud to aspire too. Yum.

1 Like

Decarboxilating my morning coffee. Good to the last drop. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Took pics of different angles of the garden. I have increased the darkness by 30 minutes and will dial them in for harvest over the next 3 weeks. I have started planning out the next grow and will be applying the far red at 13.5/10.5 from beginning of flip and taper it down every 3 weeks or so. I am also going to be adding in more UV spectrum for increased resin production and assist with inhibiting WPM.

14 Likes

man what a garden, Love your grow every time.

4 Likes

Stop it :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Cleaning up the girls in veg.

4 Likes

The girls still look crowded, I will remove more leaves this weekend.

6 Likes

QWET concentrate process
Sorry, @Nicky, that took a little while to document my process, and it will evolve as I become more efficient. Time always seems to be my limiting factor in what I try to accomplish, so my goal is always smarter not harder. This will cover the QWET extraction.

I have usually removed as many leaves as possible the day before chop to save on post-harvest trimming. After chop, I started and will continue using the H2O2 bath as need for plants, but at the same time I am working to eliminate any contamination to the flowers before harvest. I am going to put something together to dip the whole plant or large branch sections at one so they can be drying and still retain the stem moisture.

I usually hang the plant for 7-10 days in a dark, cool room with air circulating and allow them too slowly dry. At the point when the buds have given up most of their moisture but are still gooey from resin, I will start removing the larger stems and cleaning off any remaining trim. This usually takes a couple days for me to complete, so I will put them into large sealed containers and regulate the humidity as needed. The second wash will soak longer and then be processed the same but for edibles.

At this point I usually have more cannabis than I can process in reasonable amount of time, so I freeze it until I have time to start the ethanol extraction. I have gone to only doing 2 passes of extraction on the buds, the first being the high quality cold filtered extraction done with the quick wash method. Using a colder, shorter the agitation period transfers less contaminants that pass through during filtration.

First filter pass is through a coffee filter, then next 2 passes through the Buchner Filter. As soon as I have 1500ml of wash, it goes into the ETOH for removing the Everclear. As the first batch is processing, I will repeat and filter the remaining first wash and dump those remains into a large bucket with other first washed buds to do a second wash for edibles. I may grind the second wash with an emersion blender to break everything down.

After I have processed about 6000ml of wash I will pour it off into a vacuum purge chamber with a digital heat pad and boil it down further until stable. Once purged and stable, it goes back in the freezer until used.

11 Likes

Thank you for that sounds like you have it sorted.
I have seen the difference in freezer vs dry ice Temps for the alcohol & plant mater, of your able to find a place to get dry ice I would recommend trying a run with it. @Covertgrower found a local source and uses it in his butane column extractor.
Big places like Praxair has it to.

Also for the wash you should be able to do a large tote or maybe a 45 gallon plastic drum.

Just some thoughts, you definitely have a good system. Although why is that sample. Picture so dark? Just the strain I thiught it’s all honey and yellow looking stuff. I made shatter once when I let it evaporate on the deck but the uv turned it dark like what you have there.

3 Likes