WarKat is back anyone interested in living soil water only growing?

Ya know when ya do your best to let mother nature do her thing. Its amazing what you can learn. Its a beautiful thing.

@Bizzle

My current grow with some good info on living soil and worms

@Warkat I hope you don’t mind but I have found your thread and have set to watching. I am bookmarking your past grows so I can get in depth there too. I have had the urge to build my own soil for my future in cannabis cultivation. I am currently using synthetics. I do believe I have the aptitude to dial in the synthetics I just feel like it’s not correct. I am a gardener by trade and work a lot designing and installing perennial gardens. At work I amend a customers soil normally with peat moss, composted cow manure, and leaf compost and some actual leaf litter. However when it comes to my cannabis I’m in ProMix with synthetics. I appreciate that you have begun this thread and as I stated above I will headed back into your journals of yesteryear. I am much more of an eggshell, fish guts, banana peel, apple core kind of guy. I’m going to start looking for those books at used book stores. My wife loves antiquing and used book stores I usually just follow along like a putz now I have a purpose. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

4 Likes

Love it bud and thanks for the kind words all are welcome for sure. For me tge first thing i ask people that want to learn living soil is to get out of the mindset that your growing cannabis. Thats really not whar you should focus on. Your creating living soil and the weed is just a reward for a great job. I wont lie to ya its time consuming and a bit spendy to get started but once you have it going it more or less takes care of itself no waste recycle everything use all your food scraps and in my opinion grow the best weed you will ever have the pleasure to enjoy. So any questions ask away and lets learn this craft together.

2 Likes

@Warkat thank you for responding. I am taking today off from work and am planning on spending the day with your past threads. I have all winter to do my research and begin gathering what I will need to create the building block my future plants will thrive in. I am ready to take this leap! :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Hi, how much magnesium do you add to your soil mixture? Im finding my whitney farm living soil + compost, worm castings & perlite is lacking in that department

1 Like

I dont add any ferts like mag directly… Its always in the soil additives i use like blood meal feather meal bat guano bird guano alfalfa meal. I follow the revs book True Living Organics I base all my grows from his work. If you want to understand living soil please read that book. I tweak things a bit for my liking but i use his layering and spiking methods with good success. If your adding just straight mag cal or phosphorus to you water and feeding that way your really hurting the microbial life in the soil. I have all the nutes in the soil before the seed or clone goes in the pot. I do use 3 to 4 mild teas in my grows but thats not to feed plants its to feed the life in the soil. Please get that book if you want to learn about living soil.

2 Likes

Warkat good day to you. I was looking to purchase True Living Organics by Rev and noticed there are three editions. I see the one you recommend was edition two. Should I begin with the beginning or is this a progression of experimentation and the best knowledge is contained in the second version. Thank you very much for your time. :pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Second is what i use didnt know there was a third.

1 Like

I just checked on Amazon. I’m pretty sure there was a third. I’ll go look again.

I am wrong there is only two. In the search bar when I was typing in True Living Organics 3rd edition when I clicked it took me to the second. That is my fault. I think I’ll just buy one and two so I can get the complete gist. I’m laid off from work in the winter so all I do is grow and smoke. Now I’ll read, grow and smoke. :+1:t2::+1:t2: thank you very much friend.

2 Likes

If your looking for reading material then get v2 of TLO then get these 3 books and start with teaming with microbes. Absolutely fascinating to me. When your done with those 4 i have another haha. I do love me some good research

2 Likes

I just like these pics

3 Likes

Yes, I bookmarked the post where you recommended those also. All three of them were in the recommended reading bar when I was ordering the True Living Organics version two will be here Saturday. They have version one on kindle the physical book is $50. Second edition I got for $25. I can’t wait to begin reading this. My father in law just came home from cancer TCell transfusion and he is taking gummies to sleep I want to go organic so I can make him pure edibles. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

No way you can just send me your books with the highlighter and asterisks? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

awsome man im making all my own edibles these days too

I got a similar schedule, big slowdown anyway. More sittin’ back and trying to learn faster than I forget. Meanwhile falling victim to same old generic problems.
I overwatered and my soil has less perlite than used to, heavier with more compost and peat so theyre in a droop, a bit pale, not drying fast enough. Not severe or dying, just slowed growth. Considering taking off my mulch chips and boosting them up a foot off the floor. Any ideas? @Warkat any tips speed up drying?

2 Likes

Thank you… im hoping ill get it for x mas from my daughter :blush:

1 Like

Beautiful pictures, ladies are looking great

1 Like