Wanting to try a Organic grow, Any advice on organic nuts?

What you are doing so far is all correct. Those are extremely healthy looking. Good start

1 Like

@Skydiver thanks for the help getting started the girls are getting big actually to big for the lil tent I have them in might have to put 2 in the 12/12 tent with the others I have in week 6 of flowering.

I have been brewing with the roots tea grow, molasses and liquid seaweed and between brews giving them ro water with molasses and seaweed. Couple of pics of the girls. In the cramped 2x2*4

Good deal!
Just know if you put them into 12/12 they will start transitioning to flower and if more than a week or two you’ll want to continue with flower or if you go back to veg that will slow things down as they revert back and takes time. If they are Autos…Nevermind lol

1 Like

Crazy update on my 1st try @Skydiver I thank you again this tea has these babies growing crazy I don’t have room for them waiting to harvest the big tent I have had to cut them down twice already cause they up in the light.

Question I only give them tea once a week and one of the pots are still heavy after a week only one is actually light like she needs to be feed the other feel like she could wait a couple days should I wait till they dry out like I do with synthetic or just get a schedule and feed them? And if I keep cutting the top down do you think I will over stress them? Thanks @QueenCityB @thatguy for all the help I can’t wait to get them more space.

1 Like

Great news on them growing so well!

I don’t use a watering schedule because different plants growth at different rates and therefore use moisture in soil at different rates. Water each one (within reason) as needed. As long as the dryer one isn’t showing signs of drooping you may be able to wait some. The thing you’ll want to do is pick up each pot to get a feel for weight as a whole and not just how dry the top inch is. There is moisture down lower but if you don’t have a long soil meter probe that can reach the lower portion to check moisture level/PH than go by how heavy they are.
I use this meter and it works great for me for checking moisture and PH…the one on far right

Using mulch and cover crop in my pots I can go 4-5 days with 5 & 7 gallon pots and up to 10 days or longer on my 45 gallon pots and that changes based on plant size etc.
Are the plants that your “topping” showing signs of heat stress from lights?
While they are in veg you can remove growth as needed as they are in the growth mode and will keep replacing it.

2 Likes

@Skydiver the very top of the one directly under the light has light burn cause it is actually in the light but other than that one place they look really good! I was just worried something might be wrong 5 days and still heavy. I have about two more weeks before I harvest and can move them into a bigger space with better lighting can’t wait to see how they look. What is the name of the meter you use? And can I add mulch at any time?

Yep you can add straw or some other non dyed mulch anytime. Avoid cedar.

2 Likes

And you can put a little diatomaceous earth on the top. That may help deter bad bugs from living in your soil. Bug prevention is important. I have learned the hard way. In the future, neem cake mixed in is another good ammendment to help deter bugs. It’s better to keep them away than react after they show up. Making bug prevention a part of your program is much easier and cheaper than getting rid of them later. Organic solutions are costly.
I agree with @Skydiver about weighing your plants. Just reach in and pick them up am inch or so daily. When they are light, they need water. For instance, in my flowering tent last light period, one plant got a gallon of strong nutrients, epsom salt, and ph water. One plant got half that. 4 others got 2 gallons split up with just salt and ph water. All my plants have different uptake levels for water and nutes.
The weight is the best way to water for me. Schedules dont work for me. The color is what tells me to add more or less nutes. It’s easier than you think. Just treat them like individuals, not a group. They will each love you more for doing so, at least they do for me, and because they do I’m all baked on Sativa and bursting with energy! Good luck.

1 Like

I’m going to look into a roots organic dry mix for bug prevention guess I been lucky so far and don’t want to push it after you giving me the advice thanks. Yea I’m trying to get better at treating them as individuals the thing is these were just tossed in a small tent as a side note trying to learn how to clone and use organics and we were suppose to buy a house when all this crazy stuff started so I was bout to setup a room for all this now I’m stuck between moving and just buying my new setup and putting up only to have to break it right back down when it’s time to move. Once I move them to the bigger tent I will give them the individual attention they all need!

1 Like

I am very lucky that my wife and I were able to finance a great home last summer. (Built nicely in 1930)
Great herb can be grown in small tents. No worries there. You just gotta start babies or clones on the regular for a continual harvest.

1 Like

@Skydiver what are top crops? I’m bout to look it up but wanted to ask you about it since you mentioned it thanks.

I’m bout to clip the tops again do you think the top will root if put back in soil? I have no starter plugs left just something else I want to try as a learning experiment since I have to cut it anyway. I’m about 50/50 with the starter blocks and have 5 that I just clipped last week and put right into soil and put into the humidity dome just trying to learn what works and what doesn’t.

I have had some success cloning directly in soil, but my success rate is under 50/50 doing it that way. You may be better than me if you try. Do you have an aloe plant at home, or a rooting hormone of some type? It would improve your odds. Some people try honey. I havent tried that, yet.

1 Like

I spent $36.99 on an aeroponics cloner. It’s just a small bucket with some holes drilled In the lid, and some foam pieces in the holes. It has a cheap air pump and air stone in the bucket and a little dome on top… You could make one cheaper, but I havent lost a clone yet, rooting them this way. I’ve tried a lot of ways. Good luck.

1 Like

If you meant to ask about cover crops…

Here is my process for cloning…so far about 25 for 25 doing it this way.
I did buy a cloning bucket but was just too cumbersome (it’s for sale cheap…lol) and needy for me…the way I do it now is simple and natural. I’ve even rooted a few in just tap water with success.

1 Like

I don’t have the time to play mad scientist, so I use EZ TEA VEG and EZ TEA BLOOM by Cultured Biologix. Just mix it up and give to plants. Easy Peasy and my plant loved it

1 Like

@Skydiver what did you use for instructions on putting together your hlq 260 xl something looks different about the regular 260 that i see videos of. And it looks like I have a extra piece to adjust the light and the videos I have been watching the screw in on the driver

Don’t know we’re that gets connected.

I want to get these 3 organic into the big tent and flip to 12/12 today but don’t want to rush and mess this light up.

1 Like

I’m going to tag @dbrn32 to assist you.
Not sure where you purchased the kit or parts from but the driver your showing is a different model than what I have.
There should be wires coming from the driver that you’ll hook up the dimmer pot to but from the pic I can’t tell.

1 Like

I posted in other other topic you ask same question.

2 Likes

Above is info…if you need more assistance let us know

2 Likes