Wanting to grow fatter buds!

So I am posting a few pics of my GG4 Auto to maybe get some feedback on how to or what nutrients to feed her to make the buds bigger . Currently getting the fox farms trio , fish shit and cal mag when needed . She is 37 days old today with some LST done .
3x3x6tent
S44 ionboard ac infinity 90%
6 inch inline carbon filter
2 - 6 inch fans
5 gallon pot
Fox farms OF
Humidity 54%
Room temp 74-79
Run off ph is 6.0 to 6.4

9 Likes

Silica, Tribus, Fulvic acid stuff like that helps bud production. There’s PK’s. Silica is a must!

3 Likes

For reference it would be helpful to see photos of your buds from a previous grow (that you would like to improve upon). The buds in your picture look good for the stage the plants are in.

I grow large dense buds and when my plants are at the stage in the photo that you posted, they look pretty much like yours.

Edit: While nutrients and whatnot are important, all things being equal, the key to large dense buds is having enough light intensity.

11 Likes

So unfortunately I can’t give you any pics of any previous buds because this is only my second attempt . The fist plant ended up getting nutrition lock of from my run off being way to low . So idk if you can see the smaller plant in the photo background or not ? But I decided to have a back up this time in case something went wrong and I had to start from seedling again . Sorry for no other pictures. But thank you for your info , I think the s44 ionboard will give me the light I need with a lil added ingredient.

Is the silica a top dressing or added to the water and nutrients?

Added to the water. When mixing, Silica goes in before the nutrients. (first ingredient)

1 Like

Now is there anything I need to know about this from your experience , Or just go by the directions ?

1 Like

I follow the directions for the most part.

1 Like

Thanks again

1 Like

Download the photone app and dial in your lights. You want about 40 DLI with a ppfd of 800 to 1000 anything above that is useless without co2

3 Likes

The Fish Shzz I think that has alot of nitrogen in it be careful the plant isn’t getting too much at the stage your in.

1 Like

Silica will help with disease protection, stronger plant stalks and silica is necessary for trichome production. Running autos often will be loose flower compared to photoperiod and as stated you need adequate light. I typically run 200 watts of gucci LED’s per plant.

7 Likes

Gucci as in bomb ass lights? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: bout like the commercial today where i heard someone say something about some bussin’ chicken… :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: i hear my kids and kids in laws using that lingo all the time… im outta the loop on that one…

4 Likes

I meant to put in the list I have a CO2 in the tent

1 Like

Very small amount right now 1/4 of a teaspoon

1 Like

I’m thinking the s44 is like 400 Gucci watts so I should have plenty of light :rofl:

1 Like

S44 is a nice light from what I seen. Tweak out your nutrient program = Nice Buds

1 Like

I just downloaded the app but was only reading out like 489 ppfd. The s44 is a 400 watt light how should it still be enough light or how do I raise that ppfd?

So far I am loving the light brother , but again this is my only second grow with my first having nutrient lock out . So fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: but I definitely gotta do some tweaking to the nutrients

1 Like

You will likely need to move the light closer to your plants to get the ppfd up to around 700+. Mine average about 900 but that is more than most folks, I believe.

1 Like