Wanted to share my experience with ilgm

Bergman’s gold going on 4 months no flowering in sight
12/12 light cycle.
Any advice? Will post pic after work.
3 gallon cloth pots, kind soil, 2000w cob and these girls are almost 5 feet tall broke soil Jan 1st.

I’ve had plants that I’ve had to put through a 36-hour dark cycle to get her to flower. It’s not common, but it does happen.

3 Likes

They completely in the dark? Or is there enough light to keep them in veg?

2 Likes

Indoors with 12-15’ ceilings? outside?

1 Like

Total darkness. It’s really been cold here and I was thinking that might be part best dark temp I can get to is 68-72F.

I was thinking of topping them I’ve been doing LST and they’ve filled out my 4x4x7 tent.
I’ll be able to move the light but only an inch or so.

Prob is my light is 75% of my heat and it’s still sub freezing here.was thinking about an oil filled heater but the blower type steals all my moisture and their size vs 3gal pots I already have to water twice a day and it’s not enough.
I’m new obvs 2nd grow first was we auto and was amazing 80 days seed to cut 1-2 oz on 2 plants, good times.

1 Like

Sound like ur gonna have to figure ouy something with them 5 feel now and they will double in size after flip. Hopefully she will grow sideways or something lol

1 Like

How have you verified that they’re getting 12 hours of darkness?

2 Likes

March 31s will be 3 full months… not that that would matter but make bay re your getting complete darkness and your using a mechanical or digital timer… it’s not uncommon for timers to malfunction and blimp on or off in dark epriods… I had one that was shutting off for 15 minutes a day and was simply a malfunctioning aection… if this happens in a dark period you will never get flowering… must be 12 hours continues darkness non interupted

2 Likes

So I bought a timer and it will randomly turn on my light. So I put it on the strawberries. I bought a totally manual timer for this grow.

Timers are really make it break devices… they can ruin everything in photo grows…autos lol morenforgiveing eith in consistant light but still not good for them… s @MarkDiamond what is a manual timer… like an hour glass? And you flip the switch? :joy: I’m jk butnim serious what’s a manual timer :thinking:

1 Like

How long has it been on 12/12 for? If more than a couple weeks, I would guess you have light leak or some source of light inside of your grow.

1 Like

My tent is isolated from light and light proof.
I’m going to put a webcam up and see if it’s the timer.
12/12 since day one as I figured auto would save some power.

There’s two exposed lights on the front of this timer… cover them on the outside of the case or open it and do the same. Repeat for any light on ANY piece of electronic you have in that area

1 Like

Nice thanks for the tip!

1 Like

If you can sit inside your tent and see your hand infront of your face, it’s not dark enough.

2 Likes

I do have a digital temp regulator with a red display.
Didn’t think to tape it off as it’s not bright at all.
Will tape off today.
Can’t see anything with it on in there but it’s the only light at all.

1 Like

To wrap this up today I weighed my harvest after a one month cure and got an oz over a quarter pound.
Thank you all for the help.
My final guess is the photo genetics were dominant and they needed some assistance.