Wanted, honest opinions about my buds

This is my first grow, three Acapulco Gold lady’s. Almost lost them to Fungus Gnats, but they seem to have recovered well. Please let me know what you think of these.

10 Likes

Very pretty buds

3 Likes

Looking good so far. :+1:

3 Likes

Really nice

2 Likes

I agree. Nice looking nuggs!

2 Likes

first time out and you have Nugbucket’s mainline rock’n - good for you. It took me a while to figure out that and manifolds produce consistently. I’d take those all day long.

4 Likes

Thank you beardless, I almost lost them to Fungus Gnats. I got lucky.

2 Likes

Fungus gnats can kill your plant that late?

1 Like

pjfrank, the gnats almost killed them right before they went into flower, almost all my leaves were dead or dying, check out my older post for pictures. Someone on here had told me they were just a nuisance and they wouldn’t really harm your plants. That was wrong, they had mine at deaths door. Luckily got with a local expert and he told me what to do to save them and it worked. The gnats attack the roots, with every watering I’m giving them 2 TS of Hygrozyme per gallon of water until harvest.

1 Like

Thanks PurpNGold

1 Like

Thanks Allinherhead

1 Like

Thanks MrPeat

2 Likes

Thanks Mr_Wormwood

1 Like

Damn are u able to see any of em? Like are they super visible clouds of em or are they deep in the dirt. Bud looks good tho, I can see myself payin 35\8th for it

1 Like

They are like little tiny flies and they lay their eggs in the soil or mix. I had hundreds of them on my little yellow sticky things , I’m in Promix general mix and I was trying to get 20% runoff, hence the stuff was always damp. They say you can’t get them if the soil doesn’t stay damp. Beware of these things…

1 Like

Word cuz I got hella gnats runnin thru my clones rn, ima let em dry for 2 days and vacuum up any loose ones. I’m buying traps when I get home lol

1 Like

Have you noticed any of their ill effects?

1 Like

This is an old pic from 10 days ago but ima give u an update when I get home. The left tray had 3 survivors the 2 cups that are close to the vent are dead.

I had gnats the whole life cycle of them, right tray had vigorous growth after adding fertilizer. Left tray I didn’t fertilize to see how fast they would grow compared to the ones that did.

1 Like

It’s good to experiment. The bugs are bad…

1 Like

If you are top feeding, pay close attention to the surface of the soil and the bottom area of plant. If they are in the soil they take flight as soon as they get wet. I used Mosquito Bits and it was effective.

3 Likes