Want to take it to the next level

I’ve been at it for a while. Most harvests been good some yields better than others. Current plants pics:

One bruce banner week 8 flower, purple haze and grand daddy purple about 45 days old.
My set up: 4x4 tent
ILGM seeds photos, ffof soil and ff nutes, 5 gal fab pots, hlg 240 light 485 act dimmable watts, 4 in vent, no co2.
So, I try to keep a continuous grow. 2 or 3 plants at a time. The BB will be number 12 for this year. Its should be done in week or two. But it will probably be a couple zips when dry.
I want better yields. I see pics on this forum of plants that are fat as hell. What’s the secret.
I’m also looking to scale up a little next year. Recommendations?
Thanks all.

4 Likes

Training your plants is important to large yields indoors. Vegging your plants for a longer period will increase yield. I’ve taken to keeping them in veg for over 3 months.

7 Likes

At a minimum you should do some LST but topping will probably be even better. SCROG like Oldmarine’s photo will fill up the space fairly well. Mainlining creates nice colas in less vegetative chaos IMO.

@Phoneman , you have good lights and good genetics, so I would need more information @Covertgrower ( or anyone) could you paste a support

1 Like

Thats a nice big cola ur plants look good

1 Like

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)ILGM
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, ffof Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)5 gal fab
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)ph meter 6.5 to 6.8
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable na
-Method used to measure PH and TDS ph meter TDS meter
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space indoor 4x4
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum HLG 240 485 act watts
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule 12 on 12 off
-Temps; Day, Night85 day 73 night
-Humidity; Day, Night 35 to 40 %
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size yes 4 inch
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, dehumidifier
-Co2; no

2 Likes

@Phoneman , do you have 1 HLG or 2 in a 4x4( I’m running 2 260 rspec HLG xl and getting at least 2 grams a watt ) , and what are your feeding methods ?From what I see in the pictures ( assuming these are not autos) topping and LST will increase yields greatly… vegging between 3-5 weeks is the sweet spot for inside grows ( I like 24 weeks for outside grows ) . Everyone has room for improvement. There are so many great growers at ILGM . @Hellraiser , @Covertgrower , @Cannabian have so many nuggets of information. @Arrow is more than a plant trainer. He Is a artist. Hellraiser and arrow have active threads . I would follow them

4 Likes

Looks amazing!!

10 Likes

You’re not being aggressive enough with the lights ( you can tell by how hard they’re praying and their node distance) I start my 4x4 with 2 260 xl at 15% at 32 inches from soil line and increase it 5% every 3-4 days from sprouting. You also may be underwatering pick up your biggest pot a day early each watering and if it’s very light close the interval of full saturations by a day

2 Likes

When you say up scale, that’s a loaded statement. What kind of thoughts is upscaling to you?

Upscaling would be learning how to grow weed in a more efficient manner to maximize your grow space.
Don’t get me wrong, your plants look great. What if you could grow bigger plants?

But, it could also mean upscaling from soil to coco. Or, maybe even upscaling to hydro.

I’ve done the coco route but now have converted to hydro. What a massive upscale for me.

Folks in soil and coco can grow big plants and nice buds. I can testify that my hydro plants have been by far considerably better yielding plants than coco. I usually veg for 6-8 weeks. Just a thought. Let me know if you have any questions about hydro.
Keep’em growin and good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

@Cannabian :anguished::anguished::anguished::anguished:, you are not growing weed , that is definitely tree

2 Likes

Agree with @oldmarine. HST/LST to create more bud sites and train to expose the hidden ones will increase your yields :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Stepping up to soilless media or hydro is where big yields happen, assuming adequate lighting and a nominal environment to grow cannabis.

3 Likes

Training will be the most beneficial for your yields. A flat canopy is your best friend for increasing the efficiency in your garden. :v::green_heart::pray:

6 Likes

Hey @Stonedrus do you have anything good to say about the chilled lights?

1 Like

I just got it. I like the coverage so far. Seems like a quality light, easy set up. This is canopy level at 22 inches. Plants are very happy this morning.

2 Likes

Viparsectra XS 2000 at same distance.

1 Like

I have two x3 mini’s. Plants seems to love them.
I did run them at 12” for about a week with no ill side effect. The only problem I had, the nodes were spitting out about every 1/4”. Way too tight for veg. I ran them 15-18” in flower. Gonna take a grow or two to get them dialed in. Good luck with them brother. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

@Cannabian All I can say is holy sh&#it. I hope u don’t mind, I am going to hang a pic of your tree in tent so it gives my girls incentive.

2 Likes