Want to get harvest time right

@dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971 @neckNflu @Myfriendis410 @timmyv324

I’ve taken several samples off the NL and a few off the WW. At this rate I’ll have both of them harvested just by sampling. I’m really in no hurry the waiting girls will have to veg a little longer. I cloned and planted too many for my set up. Thought I would kill a few plants but hell I think I’m getting better at this grow thing. I hate having to cull a perfectly good girl because of space and light issues.

How long can I keep a recently planted clone going under a 15 true watt LED bulb. Right now I have three and a seedling under one bulb. No room in my flower tent no room in my veg area. Problems problems and what to do.

3 Likes

Brother sounds like your gonna need some more light. Or your girls will suffer for it. I’m sure they will continue to grow for ya they will just be stretched out and weak with poor lighting.

1 Like

With low light they will grow slowly and tou can keep them For a while light would need to be kept close
how long before you can move them into a veg tent ?

I’ll let the other members speak on the lighting. I’m too new to give you advice on that. Sorry.
But I know how you feel about not wanting to cull a perfectly good clone. I took 4 clones from my last grow, and then my ilgm seeds came so I wanted to try those too! Well my 4 clones are all alive and I don’t have the heart to kill any of them. So I’m doing one blue dream (ilgm) plant with the 4 clones. So my next grow is going to be gold leaf and blue dream all from ilgm. I just don’t have the heart to kill a perfectly good clone.
Anyway enjoy your growing. And good luck.

@dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971 @neckNflu @Myfriendis410 @timmyv324

I have three girls at week 6 of veg waiting to go into my flower tent as soon as I can get my NL and WW out. The three clones that I transplanted yesterday (they grew roots) are only 3 weeks old. I figure if my NL and WW are ready by next week I should be okay with the rotation. I really didn’t think all my clones would survive. If some have to be culled then so be it but it makes me cry. LOL

1 Like

I agree with the others. Also, if at all possible, you can keep them under 24 hours light in a corner or wherever really. It’s not required they be in a light tight area under those conditions.

If it’s only for a week you should b good under your light. I can’t see a week hurting much.

I had to kill a plant about 3 wks from harvest once. I still cry about it. I had a crowded room and couldn’t get my humidity under control because I didn’t want to buy a bigger dehumidifier ( take note ) so I ended up having a serious mold problem on this one plant and even after a sulfur fog I couldn’t get it under control. So to keep my other plants from getting worse I had to kill the one Big plant about 5’ tall with tons of sticky icky nugs on it and I had to remove it and I just threw it away. Make me tear up thinking about it. The weed from that plant would have paid for the dehumidifier that I bought anyways. WTH

Oh my gosh. That is really a sad story. That stinks.
Yeah I just can’t bring myself to kill one on purpose. I’ve done it on accident before. I still talk about that. I’d probably never forgive myself if I did it on purpose hahaha

@neckNflu

That’s a horrible story @timmyv324 I would have cried for days. I even have a hard time harvesting some times but I keep telling my girl that she is going to be part of me now. She will live on in me. Silly I know but I’m a very emotional guy. I need to get back to growing just 6 plants but I am trying to get more harvest so I don’t have to run out to the dispensary. I’m trying to get all the timing down. I’m learning to get a better yield so that will help. I just do not want to go to the dispensary anymore. My weed is better anyway.

1 Like

Yep I totally hear ya. It was a troubling time for sure but I learned to not get greedy and try to grow to many plants at once. I had timing issues , mold issues. Then I actually had to buy a tent and other equip to put plants in that I had no room for. Lol you can say I learn the hard way but this forum wasn’t around so all the help I got was from my friends that grew and everyone of them told me a different way. That’s why you will learn your way we just speak from our experience and pass it along then we have to take what we want from that info and learn what works for our situation. But some things like ph is a must. Which I learned the hard way. Lmao.

2 Likes

That was one of my big issues. The cost of the dispensary. For how much I like to smoke and want to smoke the top shelf stuff that was $50 an 8th is Impractical for me to use all the time. So I turned to growing myself. I’m getting close to getting to where I want to be which is basically the Top Shelf Dispensary bud. Got a lot of learning to do yet but I’m getting better each time thanks to you guys and this website.
That was too funny what you wrote about talking to the bud. You’re right though it does become a part of you. Haha

1 Like

My next grow I’m going down to five. I had six on my current one. But that’s about my max that I can do and have decent results. The next one coming up I only want to do four. 2 Blue Dream and two gold leaf. I just can’t bring myself to kill my monster clones I have living now. So I’m adding a blue dream to the mix. 4 Captain chem # 4 clones and my first-ever ilgm seed which is blue dream. I am going to baby that blue dream… I just got to remember not to kill her with too much love. Ha
Have a good evening guys and girls

3 Likes

@neckNflu yeah honestly now. Even me and my patients get a bit bummed when I have to supplement with dispensary weed. A lot of it is garbage compared to my weed. It’s funny cuz when it first came legal it was so cool to go to a pot store!! It still is but I haven’t found anything in them that I like more than my own weed . You will get there and know what I mean. I don’t like it when my bud goes poof!! And turns to powder so I feel the cure is so important. Matter of fact I may start a new topic on that.

I would definitely check out that topic. Drying and curing is 1 of my least strong points. I tend to over dry just because I’m so worried about my stuff molding in the jars. I’m down if you start a topic like that I’ll visit!
I think it’s a great idea thank you

2 Likes

Yes I will do that. For sure. I feel you can ruin great weed with a crappy cure.

2 Likes

I’m getting better at it each time. But I can tell you when I very first started my stuff was so light and airy and dry that it would literally just burn up the second heat touched it. Taste was junk too.
I think I’m still over drying but I would be super interested in seeing how you do things. I personally think it’s a great idea but it also suits me perfectly. So I may be biased haha

1 Like

I would love to see that tread as well @timmyv324 @neckNflu. Please tag me if you start one. I usually dry for 4 to 7 days. If a small stem snaps I assume they are dry enough. Then into jars with 62% humidity packs. I have and RH meter in the jar. As soon as my buds are in the 60 range I’m happy. IMO the longer they stay at 62% RH the better they get.

I know what you mean about dry weed. I get some now and then from my medical dispensary and If you don’t pay for the top shelf stuff it’s as dry as a Griswald turkey at Christmas. LOL.

2 Likes

That is one of my favorite shows let alone one of my favorite Christmas shows. Haha
I actually bought a little temperature and humidity gauge I can stick inside my curing containers to try and see if it helps me this upcoming time.
I’m trying that stem snap thing indication of when it’s dry and I seem to have it be too dry when I get that feeling of the stem breaking on the inside but not the outside. Anyway yeah this topic is right up my alley. I thought was a good idea too. Have a good morning

2 Likes

Ok I’m gonna start a new topic I’ll see if I know how to tag you guys in lol

2 Likes