Want to find a cultivar with less than .3 THC

I want to make CBD for my wife who has to pass a drug test for work.All the ones I find have more than that.Has anybody else found a cultivar that qualifies? These technically qualify as hemp but the lab reports are showing THC and THCA that add up to more than the legal limit.

You need to search for Siberian ruderalis. It has a .1-1 THC and 4.5-9% CBD. There are several online providers. ILGM won’t allow links but, I assure you they are available.

1 Like

Check out Charlottes Angel CBD, I just finished growing it and i know it’s supposed to be under 1% THC and higher CBD up to 16% I believe. I grew it for my girlfriend because she can’t do THC but would like to partake… She doesn’t get high so that’s a good sign that it’s low THC… But to say you’d pass a drug test i’m not sure. Also, R4 also called Cindys Solution is one of the highest CBD strains out there but once again it can have up to 1% THC so not sure if it would show up or not. Are they regular drug tests or random?

2 Likes

Thanks,I’ll check it out, it has to be .3 or less.

Thanks, I will look at it!

They are random, but anything over .3 shows up for a month or better.Charlotte’s Web CBD makes you fail a test.

I’m pretty sure Charlotte’s web is full spectrum, you want cbd isolate. This could potentially be a problem regardless of what you grow. Depending on the breeder they are giving you an average, or high, or low. If you buy a pack of seeds that says 20% thc isn’t a guarantee that all the weed produced from them will be 20% thc. Depending on the seed and conditions the thc content could be all over the place. Same is going for cbd strains, hemp, and just about anything else. Even actual hemp farmers worry about this, as depending on when and how their hemp is tested could get them into trouble. It’s a slippery slope and more complicated than just buying something specific and growing it out.

If she absolutely cannot afford to fail a test and will be tested regularly, look for extracts thst have been isolated from reputable companies.

3 Likes

Charolette’s Web, Lazarus Naturals, and Bluebird all make THC free CBD isolates.

Electra is a strain that has very low levels of THC, but you’ll have to take your chances as I don’t know that it is <0.3. Research it if it might be something you are interested in.

2 Likes

Thanks she already takes isolate,and full spectrum works much better.I was looking for a way to make it cheaper,but the problems you outlined are pretty daunting.Without testing you wouldn’t know for sure.Thanks for the input.

1 Like

Thanks!I just don’t think it’ll work without testing and hopefully that will happen soon in my state.

You need a CBD isolate. Reputable sellers will publish 3rd party data sheets with test results (Lazarus does provide these.)

3 Likes

I don’t take any of this, but my wife has 2 products from Charlotte’s web. Both of them are full spectrum.

2 Likes

Also cannabis naturally has both CBD and THC. Strains with one bred out doesn’t mean that seed can’t potentially exhibit genetics from the great great grandparents. This is why cloning is actually the commercial industry standard. It’s the only way to get a quasi consistent product.

1 Like