Want is your opinion on washing your weed?

Your thoughts on this.

1 Like

I always wash my buds right after harvest and a rough trim. I’m always amazed by the amount of junk that comes off in the wash bucket, and I’m an indoor grower with good air systems.

10 Likes

I always do it on outdoor harvests. Indoor really depends on how lazy I’m feeling or if I believe it really needs it.

However the amount of gunk that comes out after a outdoor wash is astounding.

1 Like

Im scared to wash mine!!

3 Likes

It felt a little strange for me too the first time I did it, but it worked out really great and I’m glad that all of that just was washed off of my weed.

2 Likes

Doing a peroxide wash improves the storage life of the cured flower, it improves the flavor, gives peace of mind that you’re not smoking skin cells and white powdery mildew either.

Here’s from one indoor plant, washed in 1 cup of 3% peroxide and tap water for six minutes then rinsed:

3 Likes

A couple videos I saw showed to use baking soda, lemon juice and peroxide? Any thoughts on if this is too much or? @Myfriendis410?

Also does it effect the trichomes at all. ?

1 Like

I ended up washing one plant on my first harvest as towards the end some of the leaves showed powdery mildew and although I didn’t see any in the buds, went ahead and did the wash. I followed this Jorge Cervantes video.

I would think washing it does removes some trichomes but really, I never noticed the buds lacking on this particular plant post harvest bath. And what I am learning, now that we grow our own and have a blessing of cannabis, we aren’t stingy with every little speck of cannabis and we are getting plenty effects from it. Better than any top shelf we have ever bought, so if it washes some trichs off, there are plenty more left!

3 Likes

Never had a need to try it. The peroxide works a treat.

THC is not soluble in either water or peroxide.

3 Likes

I have done that before, but now converted to the @Myfriendis410 method. less work and , as he said, the Peroxide is doing all the heavy lifting. I grow in a greenhouse so I like to clean them before drying and putting in my body.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 …Sorry Late to the party lol… What ratio of peroxide to H20 should I use…
Ive never done this and I see the benefits so?
Im an outdoor grower. Also what about drying them afterwards?\Thanks!!

One cup of 3% peroxide in five gallons of water. I use a bucket with a lid, immerse the plant material, cover with the lid so stays submerged and leave for six minutes. Rinse with tap water, hang to drip-dry then dry as normal.