Wanna help dial this light in?

How’s it going?

Goin good, all the buds are growing nicely. I had to make some adjustments to gain a little vertical height with the light. I now have it at 28” above running at 400 watts. Today I’ll grab a new pic, check ppfd and hopefully crank the light up somewhere into the upper 400’s

1 Like

I just bought that light today for my 4x4 flowering stage hopefully it produces the 20 oz it’s advertised too!! Running 9 five gallons under it

1 Like

@Pinboy

Lol, your gonna have your hands full running 9… I’ll get an updated pic in a couple hrs when the light comes back on

@Pinboy yeah but I hope the outcome is worth it running nine

So here we are at about week 7. @Ston3rbby this is 5 gsca’s that are occupying a 3x3 area. I was drunk when I dropped all 5 seeds, sober me was only gonna drop 3 or 4 lol…

2 Likes

Man they’re looking good!!! @Pinboy

1 Like

@Pinboy what gal pots are you going to put them in?

Thanks! It’s starting to smell great in there!

Those are 3gallon fabrics

@Pinboy and how many can you get in your space?

For me it’s not about the number of plants it’s about filling the available light footprint. With some simple lst I could fill that same space pictured above with 2 plants instead of 5.

This was my 2nd grow, 2 GGA’s. They were vegged and almost done flowering with HID light and finished off with the 600. Although my space is bigger I just try and focus on a 4x4 area and for that I think 4 plants is a good number

2 Likes

Here’s a couple of pics from today. They’re not packing on the meat like the gorilla glue did but still growing by the day.

2 Likes

@420qc hi there. Can to share more? Room size and what dim settings you found to work for you?

I’ve got 2 650s in 4x8.

Last run they could take notch 5 in veg. Now they start to show stress anytime at 4. Different strains.

But I’d love to know what you found has worked for you.

Thx

1 Like

The room size is about 3.5x3.5 … get yourself a kilowatt type meter to see how many watts your pulling from the wall with your light. I’ve been all over the map with wattage because I have unresolved heat issues. Typically I run as much as I can and still keep my temps at or below 85*f. If you scroll up a bit you’ll see a pic of my kilowatt meter. Right now I’m at about 450 watts because it’s hot out otherwise I’d be up to around 500. A better way is to measure ppfd and calculate your dli…

1 Like

Sorry I was asking the cat with the 2 650s

1 Like

@stltimmy1979… I’d love to share. I’m using 10.5 x 4.5 of space in my flowering room

I have both lights 24 inches away from the tops of the plants. I don’t have a numerical value on my light dimmer… just a notch that “seems” to be halfway but is truly more than that with actual light intensity. I’m a hair after that notch. That is after using my par meter. I was horribly over doing it(lighting) for 3 runs. Some strains didn’t show obvious signs while others fried. Lots of foxtailing last run(thought closer was better😔)… that’s when I knew I had a problem. I hope I answered your questions. Please feel free to ask if you have any others!!

Happy Growing!!!

Thanks for sharing, I have my 2 in a 4x8. They are intense and I had fox tailing as well but that was more due to the heat.

I don’t know if I have a newer 650 or not, but while they don’t have the dimmer labeled, there are ten notches and this is what HLG provided me in terms of wattage draw for each notch.

1-0
2-150
3-260
4-360
5-450
6-525
7-600
8-640
9-645
10-650

Thanks again @420qc

1 Like

I was definitely wishing I had some info on the dimmer switches as far as power… but now that I have the par meter…I just play with where they’re located and dim and brighten as necessary. I would strongly suggest a par meter… these lights are very strong in certain areas. Directly under will give over 2k with the lights 3/4 up. My temps were never a problem so I know it was light intensity over here in regards to the foxtailing. Glad I could help. Are you using the scorpion 650s?
Happy Growing!!