Wanna help dial this light in?

I also just got the same light and a 5x5 tent and will be using Jack’s and happy frog. Will be my first grow. Definitely interested in following along to see if I can get some good info.

3 Likes

I’m using the sun system par meter with the apogee sensor.
Happy Growing!!

1 Like

Good to hear. Let us know what you find.

1 Like

@KPC cool, what are you gonna be dropping 1st?

1 Like

@AlienBrew that’s to funny. I’m waiting on my daughter to move out and then I’ll have all the room I could use. It’s kinda bittersweet. There’s no way my boy is going anywhere with all the free weed!! We make it to easy on him to want to go anywhere. My current space isn’t too bad though. It’s about 5x3x6.5 tall

3 Likes

@Pinboy I’m gonna try 2 each sour diesel, ak47 and super skunk autos.

2 Likes

@KPC you gonna run the 600r start to finish? I started my seeds in that big plastic bin with a couple cfl bulbs because i needed the warmth. Now the cfls are gone and they’re on the 600r. I started it at about 75watts then a few days later went to 100, then last night turned it up to about 120watts. I think they’re a little slow because I had about a week where I couldn’t get the temp up past about 73-74 degrees.
I bought a kilowatt meter on advise from people here, pretty slick. Tells you exactly what your pulling from the outlet

1 Like

@Pinboy I don’t think heat will be an issue here in VA. I had planned on starting them in the seed starters that are about the size of a solo cup. Then move them to the bags in a couple of weeks. I was planning to use the 600.

1 Like

There u go, listening to the girls, they pretty much tell u everything they need, r don’t. Keep n eye on them they pretty much take care of themselves early on like this. The HF is set up on the nutes, u can usually get 4 to 6 weeks worth of time before serious thoughts about ur scheduled feedings. Ur getting the proper equipment for ur journey, letting the girls take the lead n just react to their needs. U’ll b the one giving advice n a few months, n smoking ur nugs on the puff, puff, train. R maybe n the head, to b closer to the girls, u know the ones n the tub…:+1::v::v::alien:

2 Likes

Don’t store them CFLs away, they r great for starting beans, n clones. They don’t put out a bunch of heat n u can set them fairly close without scorching the babies. When they r young they don’t require a bunch of light, keeping the temp n rh is more important. N it only takes a couple squirts of ph balanced water to keep’em happy. N the HF has the nutes for early growth, it usually lasts 4 r 5 weeks.:grin::alien:

1 Like

Oh no, that little box I made works out great. With the 2 cfls and the small built in fan it keeps the temps just where I want them

That’s great news, u gots ur self a bean cracker, n a spot for clones. So ur moving right along, anything I can help u out with, will b my pleasure. The more people growing the better as far as I’m concerned. Good Luck my friend, if u gots something going on post a pic, let’s see ur little girls…:grin::v::alien:

1 Like

So a little update… I finally got the time to get some of the needed things done in the room. The plants seem pretty happy other than they’re a little droopy in the pic from watering, 1st time that’s happened…

They’re about 18 days since breaking soil now, they’re a little behind compared to the last grow.
I’ve been bumping the light up a little at a time and it’s now up to 193watts at 32” above the plants. Ive been mega busy at work so they stretched on me a bit, I’ll bury them a little deeper when I transplant later this week.

3 Likes

Had the time to pot up today. I started them in the “nursery bags” that a few on the site have been talking about. I gotta say I’m not totally thrilled with them. Out of the 5 I completely removed the bags on 2 and cut slits in the other 3. It seemed with my last batch of gga’s In solo cups I had better control and was able to see the root system exploding, they were also about a week ahead of these. I just wasn’t seeing a lot of roots.We’ll see…
As far as the hlg600r, I’m right around 28” and 200watts. In a few days once they start peeking up from transplant I think I’m going to slowly crank it up a bit.

1 Like

About 27 days from ground break now. They’re starting to take off. I think I was too conservative with my light setting so right after my last update I cranked it to 450 watts and they really liked it. Also, I water every other day and have added full strength jacks to the last 3 waterings, probably should’ve started that a bit sooner too.
If you look at the lower leaves there’s some yellowing which I suspected was cal or mag deficiency so I upped it a bit and the new growth is looking better

2 Likes

Don’t seem like this thread ever took off but here’s an update. The 600r is running about 450watts from the wall at about 26” from canopy. The plants are getting full strength jacks at every water. They are in flower stretch now and will start developing nice buds soon. I’m not sure where I screwed up but for the age they’re smaller than the last run of gorilla glue
For me this is the fun part, budz are forming, plants are healthy. Each grow my yield increases which tells me that I’m learning. Although it’s been fun this will hopefully be my last indoor auto run

2 Likes

Looking good!!

1 Like

Lots of bud sites now, and fairly flat canopy. The light is set at 500watts from the wall. Over the weekend I’m going to make some adjustments and get the light a bit higher and turn it up a bit more. I’m currently about 26” from the canopy. I’m struggling a bit with high temps but I’m hoping to make some changes there as well.

4 Likes

Looking good. Just turned my light up a little too.

1 Like