Waiting for my ILGM seeds ❤

Awesome! U chose some awesome strains akd its pretty cool that you’re growing for your husband. Good luck on your grow journal. Ill can along if that’s cool :+1::v:

2 Likes

I do hydro and some soil started off soil transitioning to hydro fully as I see the potential much better and easier than soil too many unknowns when playing with dirt

1 Like

FOX FARM LIGHT WARRIOR
fix farms seed specific soil …a seedling mix of a super airy very light soil dosent compact lots of perlite mycrozae and bacillus and not to mention a lightly charged blend of nutrients that seedlings need early in life… not really a long term soil I use it in soli cups and then transplant solo cup dirt as a bigger plug and stick it right into happy frog … ff ocean forest is the next step of dirt then to strawberry feilds I recommend but ffOF and strawberry feilds are similar to a mix of perlite and both soils above ffof and ffsf

3 Likes

@shady424 thank you for sharing this information. I’m going to use the Yucca and see what happens.

1 Like

@fano_man the FFHF arrived today and the FFOF is supposed to be delivered on Thursday. I’ll get some perlite too. And Yucca. 50 years old and learning everyday. :smiley:

3 Likes

I just use soap because I always have Dr. Bronner’s on hand.

1 Like

Hey I wanted to ask everyone here if they’ve ever used rabbit poop or manure to fertilize their plants here. Or if they know someone who does and what has been the results. Because we have some rabbits.

3 Likes

I do know some one that uses it, an it works without any other nutes, they didn’t use anything but rabbit, so couldn’t tell ya how it works with using nutes may burn em up idk, I used quail an chicken in different buckets just to see if any difference, quail is much hotter.

1 Like

@Unknown thanks of the reply to my post. I wonder if rabbit manure can be added to regular potting soil. Just only use the rabbit poop as the fertilizer. But I never thought of growing plants just in the poop itself. Very interesting and worth investigating.

1 Like

I have heard of several animals but not rabbits I heard pig cow horse goat but no rabbits …and you need to compost it I believe sit it out in the sun with some other goodies but when you do manure composts you should have it tested to se what it has because you can over do it and burn your plants to the ground :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I can tell how they do, every week cleaning out the pens, it goes in a pile (small meat rabbit farm) an sits over winter, an that’s what they fill 5 gallon buckets up with for tomatoes, okra, an of course pot, bag seed grows really well an they don’t add no kind of nute at all just a lil water when plants ask for it

Edit as a compost like :point_up: stated

1 Like

Hahahaha! My man @shady424 went FULL on @garrigan62 on you OP. :joy: i miss those days… he had all kinda lit stored. May not have been relevant everytime. But educational then a mofo.

So seedling soil Happy Frog works just fine. Only for like the solo cup level like fano and keystone mentiond (maybe others) when you uppot use the 50/50 up top and OF at the bottom.

The rabbit poop has a brand actually. I think @Witchhouse used it most a grow once. He eventually needed heavier bloom feeds. Also it needs to be compostd as also mentiond above. Straight poo will probably burn the :poop: outta ya ladies.

Loving the way your going all intho. And looking forward to watching you and the girls grow

6 Likes

Bro @PurpNGold74 garrigan swung in a dropped me a welcome back I was asking about him and I spoke him to existance it was like god came down and laughed in person when he mentioned my comments about him lol

3 Likes

Dude was hella informd man. Super old school and picking up as many new tricks as he could find

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 we have some already composted. I think I will use it after a couple of grows. I’m very optimistic about things going well since I have a wonderful source of support and information from you and all the awesome people here. Thanks for the great advice. Here is some info I just found online about using rabbit poop as cannabis fertilizer.

Composted rabbit manure is a good fertilizer to use during the vegetative stage of growth. As you can see from the chart below, it contains large amounts of nitrogen (N) as compared with phosphorous (P) or potassium (K). Nitrogen promotes vegetative growth.

The manure should be mixed with soil at a rate of no more than 20%. The manure adds not only nutrients, but also organic matter that promotes microbial growth. These microbes help the plant absorb nutrients, keep them soluble and buffer them. They also help protect the roots from infections.

During flowering the plant uses more phosphorous for bud growth. To increase bud size the garden should be supplemented with a high phosphorous fertilizer as plant growth changes from vegetative growth to flowering.

There are several high-phosphorous organic fertilizers you can use. Rock phosphate consists of powdered ground rock. It is not very soluble and is added to the soil mix before planting. It dissolves gradually over the growing season. High phosphorous bat or seabird guano is highly soluble. It can be added to the mix before planting or mixed into the water as flowering begins. Bone meal is another organic source of P, but it is not recommended for food crops since mad cow disease has become a problem.

Superphosphate and other concentrated phosphorous fertilizers are made using rock phosphate and treating it with acids to concentrate it and make it water-soluble. It is not considered an organic fertilizer.

2 Likes

Oh no I just discovered “Wake & Bake America” grow talk on YouTube… and all of these videos from other folks. So much to know!

1 Like

Welcome to the rabbit hole

3 Likes

I gotta say between @garrigan62, @dbrn32 , @Donaldj @peachfuzz @ThcinKC I got most of my influences to what I know today they were so freaking patient and helpful there great ppl I wouldn’t be growing still if they hadn’t helped me fix problems and start making finer adjustment to my style @PurpNGold74 @OldSchoolGrower @Haildamaged @Grandaddy013 @Budbrother all were also super helpful but seemed more non the mortal side of the growing spectrum something I could immediately strive for not saying I’ve past anyone’s skill level but y’all were doing alot of things I hadn’t thanked of yet thanks every 1 I’m not signing off dont worry :wink:

11 Likes

I’ve used hot rabbit poop mixed in with my soil that I shoveled straight off from underneath the pens. Never had a plant get burned from it and they always grew dark green colored. I did always keep it at the bottom of the pot though.
I also have a lot of chicken manure, because I have a lot of chickens, and that I will let cool off and compost for a year before I mix it with any of my planting soils.

1 Like

Super dark green is usually an abundance of N. Not saying it messd up… just saying :wink:

3 Likes