Wait till healthy to transplant?

This is probably a dumb question but should I wait till the seedlings are healthy to transplant? I feel like I’ve waited longer than usual so they’re getting a little big for their cups. Don’t know how much overwatering/nute burn can affect a transition.

1 Like

They need bigger planter ASAP, use light warrior or happy frog if your worried about soil behind too hot

5 Likes

I agree I would go ahead and transplant into fabric pots you will see a huge difference they will take off . Within a week after transplant Leafs will be standing straight out. Go for it good luck.

2 Likes

I’m going to transplant into either a 3gal or 5. If I go to 3 I’ll transplant again. Any pros from doing multiple transplants compared to putting it str8 to final pot?

Only transplant once , 5 gal

3 Likes

You can go either way personally I just transplant one time. I also vote with @PharmerBob go with five gallon.

2 Likes

Depends on what type of medium you’re growing in. I like to transplant 3 times total, typically :v::bear:

4 Likes

I use FFOF for the medium. I’m guessing transplanting multiple times helps preserve soil? Say I transplant once into 5gal and water till runoff each feed. Nutrients will be lost in the runoff so therefore I’ll have to start using nutrients earlier in grow cycle. Whereas transplanting multiple times will give the roots fresh soil/nutrients to feed off of

1 Like

I transplant 3 times because size of my plants, solo cup, 2 gal, then final in a 35 gal. Make sure you are letting the soil dry out before rewatering. The larger the roots can expand the larger the plant will grow.

1 Like

The main goal of transplanting is for your root system. Plants root systems will grow faster and fill up the pot quicker if they’re started in smaller pots and it makes watering a lot easier too IMO :v::bear:

4 Likes

Photos I’d transplant as needed/want … Autos, I’d put them in their forever home.

1 Like

My first grow I did solo cup>1 gallon> 5 gallon this time I am trying it straight in the 5 gallon with top half FFHF and ocean forest on bottom to see if I can reduce stunt time. And when I warer in 5 gallon pots I only used like a half gallon of water per plant like every 3 days