Vpd issue? Pease help

Hi @dbrn32. Ive never heard vpd issues can you help me resolve it. Is mhttps://global.discourse-cdn.com/growingmarijuana/original/4X/5/2/7/527798700ec4f4bd9c5634fcef5d29db33ad44fa.jpegy humidity too low? https://global.discourse-cdn.com/growingmarijuana/original/4X/3/9/f/39f3c26c70243ff8ba4f9595594e031341e4a6c2.jpeg. Top growth is still tacoing and ive already raised lights a lil

Picture is a little fuzzy and far away but im zooming in and I dont see anything that looks bad. If your humidity is too low then the edges of the leaves can curl up a bit. But the cfls shoukdnt be hurting anything being that close

That is wrong pic

All my top growth is tacod like this.

2 Likes

Is this a vpn issue @dbrn32 @imSICKkid ?

2 Likes

It’s just new and trying to come in. The color looks healthy, and the serrated edges look great too!! The plant looks to be moving along like it should

1 Like

That was a backed off pic of my tent my bad. I posted a pic of what im talkin bout on the leaves.

1 Like

VPD is where you get your plants transpiration rate up to its peak performance. Transpiration, meaning the process of the plant absorbing nutrients and water through the roots up into the plant itself. This chart will help you with where you need to be.

2 Likes

On the left side of the chart you see your temperature. And the percentages are your humidity. Basically your trying to line up the temperature with your humidity to achieve the best transpiration possible.

3 Likes

So if im at 28c then my humidity should be in the 70’s? Im confused. Why is the higher number the minimum? @imSICKkid

2 Likes

Yes it should be in the 70s. You should watch some VPD videos and it will explain it alot better then what I can.

2 Likes

As I told you in other topic, you kinda have to not pay as close attention to your new growth. If you look around you can see some of your lowers cupping a little, that would be more in line with what you should look for. It’s not bad by any means, but an indication that you should be looking at your environmentals.

2 Likes

Yeah, your plant looks fine. I never get anywhere near those ideal humidity values on the VPD charts, you would think my plants would be dead going by those. I do all of my grow at 30 RH or below (dry desert climate) and not having any real problems. I also grow outdoors with even less humidity (15 RH) and the plants do fine somehow.

2 Likes

Just in case it would help i bought another cool mist humidifier. Now i need to figure out where to put it?

1 Like

Is this around what my VPD should be. I think im getting it now. Let me know if im off please.

1 Like

Your numbers look good as per the vpd chart.
Should be good close to there till early flower.
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:. :+1::v:

2 Likes

Im hoping to hold these numbers as close i can. Im hoping to get these into flower in a week or so. @Oldguy. Im Having a bit of trouble keeping heat below 28 celcius. If i use more airflow it blows out all of the humidity.

Right now im at 28.6c and 62%. During the day it is hard for me to get lower than that. I just open windows and try to cool my bedroom, at night is when i get those optimal levels. Will this be ok? @Oldguy, @dbrn32, @imSICKkid, @Hellraiser.

2 Likes

Mine runs a bit lower than your 62 % without issues.
Not saying it’s ideal like that but I’ve been making It work for me so far.

2 Likes

Try to get that humidity up if your temps are getting that high. Otherwise you may see your leaf edges begin to curl up a bit

2 Likes

Do the best you can. Most of the grows around here will fall out of ideal for one reason or another, and still end up great.

3 Likes