Virtual com ports

project is now turning into an all in one monitoring hub using pi4 to read from:

Water
sp-c2 (tds/ppm/ec)
sp-p5 (ph/temp)

Air
AMS2315 (temp/rh/vpd)

Light
tsl2591 (ppfd/dli)

add remote access and ability to get readings on mobile device and its a wrap.

hopefully keep it clean…

1 Like

@PharmerBob that sucks when a component fails. I have back up sensors and MCU just incase. I hope you get it sorted out.

I have (3) lights, one for each plant in my 24" diameter tent. Unfortunately they are not dimmable so I have been playing around with alternating them on a schedule. This was I achieved yesterday:

The vertical axis is PPFD, the horizontal axis is time in hours. With my three lights I can have three different intensities. My DLI for this day was about 28 mol/m^2/day. I just did my first mainline topping and soon they will be growing about a 1/2" taller each day, which means raising the light sensor maybe every 4 or 5 days. I am still hashing that out.

My lights are out of warranty now so I might open them up and see if it is possible to add a dimming circuit to them.

1 Like

What drivers do you use? Could always just swap them out

I haven’t taken them apart yet to see, but yes… new LED drivers would fantastic. Like you I am working several aspects of my setup at one time.

This is why I never bothered with home automation stuff. If you had a popular Industrial automation setup im fairly confident Merlin, Josh, or myself could probably help you.

1 Like

Yea I know I went the diy route thinking it would be fun…it has its times tho

1 Like

I am with you Bob. I enjoy the challenge. And sometimes DIY leads to innovation the big companies don’t discover or do and decide it is not profitable and don’t offer it.

2 Likes

alright so 2 pi’s will get here today…thought the zero would land before the 4 so i got both to play with…

4 should be main hub while anything additional can be handled with the 0

we will see how it goes.

atm i have the other parts in hand with connectors and a new hat for the Pi 4 to accept the i2c sensors (4 inputs to be exact)

hopefully i can mount and leave a clean look behind it as well.

picked up a 5" touch screen display aswell… shiz n gigs…hopefully, i want to be able to view readouts from outside the room(not on my phone i have that) and this should give me that feature

1 Like

@Oldguy what if i give the grow a brain and it becomes self aware? itll be the start of skynet and the end of…humanity

1 Like

@PharmerBob

I keep picturing the giant weed plant that smokes Shorty from scary movie 2. :joy:

1 Like