Virginian’s Grow Journal What did I do? LOL

and hey, i know it’s not “HLG” brand, but i just scored a HUGE deal on lights. Amazon is running killer black friday and cyber monday sales and i caught a 400W fixture on there, for 167, and got TWO. They do a 5x5 each and are true 400W output. My amazon employee discount kicked in and i got BOTH those lights, so, 800W of lighting for a 5x10 space, for 298 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: We’ll see what they can do. They had very good reviews. (they actually boast 6x6 coverage area but i’m being more realistic :slight_smile: )

EDIT* here’s the link, and they have the PPFD charts on there and spectrum chart
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MF2247G/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT 2* @dbrn32 if/when all these lesser brand lights give out on me i have a hella stock of parts/chassis to build from now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

dang, it’s like “that time you grew TOO good of weed…” lol :smiley: i guess that’s a GOOD thing :slightly_smiling_face: i can only hit this Sunset Sherbet ONCE, lol. i don’t know why i pack a full bole every time, and hit it ONCE…then it sits til i go to pack one and am like, oh, yeah…that’s right i gotta finish THAT one first. :smiley: Sally’s a MEAN hussy!!! She’ll knock you in the dirt, take your money, feed the churlins and then EAT’em!!! No really though, holy crap is she potent. The zkittlez is just as, maybe a bit more it seems. Same thing. I pack a whole bole, hit it, sit there with impermeable smile for over 30min. Couple hours later, gotta finish THAT one first too, lol :heart: BOTH of my ILGM ladies will knock your block off :wink: :heart:

4 Likes

Big changes today. The new 400W (each) lights came and are hung in the flowering room over Sylvia, Sally, and what remains of Zoey.

I got that much off Zoey today

And she’s still holding onto at least half that again :wink:

Sylvia and Sally still chugging along. Sally will be tomorrow or next day in chop of her major bud sites that are finished also. Sylvia has wpm…

2 Likes

Can you remind us (or just me lol) what lighting you’re using in the above pic?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/SZHLUX-Coverage-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Greenhouse/dp/B08MF2247G?tag=ilovegrowingm-20

dimming is done through the switching. There are two switches (no, not veg, blm, lol). One lights up 3 of the 9 bars, the other lights up 6 of the 9 bars and of course both is “the whole 9” hehehe :smiley:

1 Like

:rofl: I’m here for commentary like this.

2 Likes

I saw in Q&A that the 3 bars on is 155W, the 6 bars on is 275W, and of course all 9 is “400W” but some measuring 412W and 408W (but 400+ :wink: )

but without staring at it and going blind to determine if LED configuration is laid out differently , i’d sooner guess the 3 bars on is about 135W (half of the 6 bars on :wink: )

HAHAHA!!! @Graysin @Mr_Wormwood @Newt wanna know how you made SUCCESS of your Zkittlez??? LOL…well, beSIDES that i TOLD you it smells like skittles and tastes like fruit candy and is ONE hit stuff…the way you REALLY know, is when you’re playing pool at the neighbor’s pool spot and the other neighbor couple comes to join and play and when she gives you a hug she tells you “you smell nice, you have any more gum? is that fruit stripes, i LOVE fruit stripes!” hahahaha… had to tell her i wasn’t chewing gum, LOL so funny though i was dang near CRAVING some fruit stripes gum after she said that. i haven’t had that stuff in probably 40 years or more, lol :smiley: some fruit stripes…lol. After she HIT it though, i literally thought she was going to fall down… i actually felt bad. I DID tell them it was potent :stuck_out_tongue: she turned it down every time i tried to pass it around again hahaha :smiley: SUCCESS

3 Likes

Lol
Oh wow

I’ll have some fruit stripes then!

1 Like

as much as i don’t wanna admit it, the sunset sherbet actually hits slightly harder :wink: The Zkittlez just tastes like the BEST smoke to me, and makes you wanna just keep hitting it (which is a mistake also, lol). The Sunset Sherbet should be called Sunset Custard because not only did i think it but they also said it had a sweet custard taste and like a “baked” (think crust) sweet aftertaste and it’s a nasty beast to the head too but very smooth to hit. I dried both of those buds better than i had anything i grew outside and tried to dry/cure. not sure how/why, lol. I’m hoping i got all the WPM off Sylvia Lance Harper. Like i said today was BIG changes, some planned (the lights) but some NOT (harvesting Zkittlez TODAY mostly) and finding Sylvia covered in powdery white…that was NOT sugary trichs… it must’ve gotten REALLY cold in that room last night. It got down in the 20’s outside and the woodstove is right through a louvered door from that adjacent room but i have a heavy hand made quilt draped top to bottom to aid in light repulsion. I say it must’ve gotten cold by how MOST of the fans on Zoey Zkittlez had DIED overnight, like WILTED! and Sylvia was pouting over and covered in WPM (closest to fan and that cool air). SOME, of Sally Struthers (sunset sherbet) leaves were wilted but she’s closest to the doorway where the woodstove heat would pilfer through and maybe that’s why she wasn’t hit as hard. Still harvesting most of her like Zoey’s tomorrow or next day as her top most sites are ready also and CHONKY!!! even bigger than Zoey’s :slight_smile: she just doesn’t have as many , not even half (only topped once) and was grown in a 1.5gal pot lol. can’t believe she did as well as she did

1 Like

Nice alot of coverage with those lights

1 Like

Sally Struthers ILGM Sunset Sherbet just got the chop. Feel like I was plenty generous with what I left to re-veg

ALSO!!! i have NOT seen ANY more seeds on her but when trimming down the buds from ZOEY Zkittlez…i found ONE bud with what i saw at least 2 beans at the base of but it maybe a cluster of 3 :slight_smile: both gals gave just a couple seeds to preserve their genetics !!! :heart: Neither were outside around the 2 males that popped up in the planter box they’ve been indoor ladies entire lives under lights. IF i had “contaminated” the flowering room i’d THINK there’d be more than just ONE bud on each plant and more than 2 seeds on one and 3 (possibly) on the other??? I feel like it was just a successful gene preservation attempt by both :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

@SilvaBack203 Thanks brother!! i’m TRYING not to be “braggadocios” LOL…but man, i’m PROUD of what the ILGM genetics did. First off, to re-cap, Sally Struthers, as you can see, grew her ENTIRE mature life in a 1.5gal pot (had to KEEP aerating to prevent root bound issues but was a test to see for SPACE sake if could be done). ALSO, as you can see she has the typical 8 bud site “main stalks” from being topped ONCE. She STILL (wet weight provided) pumped out 5/8 of a pound!!! just a hair over 10 ounces!!! and now, wait for it…(again wet weight) ZOEY Zkittlez on the other hand…with only harvesting about 2/3 of her so far, pumped out over a POUND!!! I can’t believe i hit it my first try :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :heart: I know once dry it will be a half pound or just over but with only 2/3 of her being harvested so far i’m sitting at (again wet weight) 18.87 ounces!!! with still a 1/3 to go :slight_smile: BOTH of their clones are jamming too since the happy frog soil amendment topping redress a week or so ago after transplant (also to 1.5gal pots from solos, or large McD’s cups, lol). And here’s where i’m TRYING not to feel like “neener neener” but all of that was under blurples and one “no name” (to most) QB, in open space room enviro with some mylar emergency blankets tacked up, lol. I have a 4x4x80 will be here monday, crapton of “amendments/ingredients” for compost tea brewing by bulk, those 2 new lights i just put up, and the will to do even better this next time :wink: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good ish. That’s really a great haul the next 1s o ly gonna get better and probably 2lb or more who knows now the real wait begins with the curing n trimming

1 Like

for sure but i have that AIRY crap i grew outdoors this year to tide me over :slight_smile: THAT is what took my wind out my sails. it LOOKED good but once dried and cured it was PUNY and pathetic weights and SO dang airy. Still knock your dong in the dirt potent, but not “quality buds” to hold and look at :wink: These indoor gals turned that frown upside down :smiley: I kid you not some of those buds are like mini kong toys they’re so dense/rubbery :smiley: but i DO plan to devote 7gal pots to 2, maybe 3 plants in the 4x4 (to flower) and some massive LST and training long before hand to make some bush beasts to pump out some weight. we’ll see, you know how “the best laid plans” go :wink:

1 Like

Journal Log Update 6 December, 2021: down to just Sylvia Lance Harper in the flowering room, the clones and Nancy Kerrigan and (possibly, if she makes it, STILL struggling) the remaining Olsen Twin GSC trying to re-veg, and now Sally Struthers and Zoey Zkittlez to re-veg also. Harvested the rest of Zoey, been in trim jail for days with Sally and the first portion of Zoey i took just before her. Going to have to move them to the longer light period setup tomorrow. not sure 10/14 is enough :wink: sure made some CHONKY buds on Sally and Zoey though :wink: Sylvia is fattening up NICE also. MOST of the WPM is gone. Still few fans with remnants and will spray her down again tomorrow when i get off my dracula shift… can’t believe we’re almost a week done in December already, lol, where does it go???

I leave you with a beautiful rendition of O Come Emanuel. :slight_smile: :heart:

1. their harmonies are near angelic
  2. his dobro “solo” from 1:55-2:10 is beautiful
  3. enjoy :slight_smile: :heart:
    O Come O Come Emmanuel & Come Thou Long Expected Jesus - The Petersens (LIVE) - YouTube
4 Likes

3 Likes

That’s dope

1 Like

Journal Log Update 28 December 2021: been incognito quite a bit lately. hope all had a nice Christmas. Working the dracula shift at an amazon sorting facility a lot now. harvested Sylvia on Christmas day. she’s actually still hanging. will probably trim her down tomorrow.

6 Likes