Virginian’s Grow Journal What did I do? LOL

should i go to just straight water, or water/cal-mag every other time (but still no nutes from here out?) They’re still drinking like crazy and need it every 2-3days

I would drop the calmag, but I would still be feeding nutrients for about one more week, then water. This is my personal style of growing. Could feed up to harvest if you wanted. I’ve done that too.

4 Likes

I’d say the 2 are about on the same schedule. And 2-3 weeks seems fair based on what I can see, I’d wait a week before i decided to stop feeding. Better to feed too long than too short at this point.

3 Likes

Have you thought about the last week changing hours to 10 14 to get even bigger buds

1 Like

this time of year for sure. during summer sun’s path is still directly across back yard and back of house like that but at higher arc. now that it’s dropped for winter to a lower arc, it’s shining more THROUGH the trees on the mountain behind me (going uphill too) rather than OVER them like it was :wink:

1 Like

I’m at 11.5 /12.5 now. Was going to go to 11/13 and then ASK if others went lower :slight_smile:

@Low those 10 14 for the last 2 weeks and his girls always fat

3 Likes

I agree with what @Covertgrower said :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Yeah, what they said.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 I’d never go after you! I think genetics may play? My GG4s were larfy outside but the Skywalker and Tangy Dosidos outside produced nice sticky buds.

But given all the fake summers, fake autumns and fake winters here with the crazy temperature changes it is any plant’s game how they will do.

For instance 70 today and 38 Wednesday.

3 Likes

Can I ask why? Like where specifically do you feel sunlight has an advantage over artificial light? Outside of not having to pay for it.

4 Likes

I don’t know either but then again then with genetics (especially plants), in just a few generations, you can breed a strain that relies on certain lights and fertilizers. Nature adapts. I watched some documentary or read about a guy that is growing an orchard of heirloom apples and travels all over the US old to find old orchards just to keep strains alive. He has hundreds and just think of the 6-8 varieties available at the local market. Variety is the spice of life that’s why I love getting a mutant plant to see what it has to offer.

Glad for the Svalbard Global Seed Vault but don’t know if they have MJ LOL

Off my soapbox!

4 Likes

That’s a good point. Most of the stuff in current circulation has been through multiple rounds of crossing and inbreeding that has most likely taken place in indoor settings. Maybe there is very little to no difference otherwise, but most of the plants we’re growing have adapted and programmed themselves to flourish in indoor environment.

3 Likes

I would think it would produce more intense light than artificial, and it gets to rotate across the sky reaching nearly every angle of the plant where artificial stares straight down (unless supplemental lighting is added). I don’t have a scientific explanation for why, i would have just imagined the Sun would have more light intensity and perform better. I think like @JaneQP said, and i had hinted about with @Newt above, the variances of outdoor enviro probably plays the MOST factoring on end result. I can keep rain from monsooning inside and flooding out the soil, and, i can keep steady airflow on them inside also where breezes are hit and miss outdoors and sometimes you get much more of a “breeze” than you want that snaps stalks… i just would have expected the OUTdoor lighting , to have been superior despite environmental variances :slight_smile:

3 Likes

greaaAAAAAAAT DAY y’all!!! so, i had accidentally broken off a lower bud shoot from Sylvia , the Super Lemon haze the other day, reaching through between her and Zoey to get some lower necromance on Sally. i totally forgot about that, clipping that in the clone area to dry and i remembered earlier and like the other stuff drying now the wood stove had sucked every bit of moisture out of it but it was nearly a perfect state. I took a rip of that, and it tasted SO good and like lemon i had to take another to make sure that’s what i thought i was actually tasting and it was, and WOW is that potent for immature :slight_smile: can’t wait til she finishes :heart:

5 Likes

I’ll be dropping SLH next grow! Excited!

3 Likes

I agree that sun moves. The basis for my question was to see if you’ve seen any evidence that it’s proven better. Maybe a constant steady light intensity is superior? It’s not hard to exceed natural intensity with artificial light, but is not exactly cheap to do either. Just as I don’t recall seeing supporting supporting evidence that sunlight spectrum or natural schedule of the sun is superior to everything man made. But I literally read comments claiming it is almost daily.

I don’t know one way or the other. But it seems like the cannabis community has some preconceived notion that it grows better in natural environment. Yet it’s extremely difficult to find data that supports this.

1 Like

or the PERFECT climate/environment to cooperate :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps that’s flaw. What is the perfect environment? Easy enough to find this on indoor grows, just like light intensity to co2 levels. Neither are what is typically provided in natural environment.

1 Like

temps in mid 70s to low to mid 80s during months of veg and temps in 60s to low 70s during flowering months with lower rh, and minimal rainfall throughout entire grow so watering/feeding is controlled (so, basically san diego or oceanside area that i’ve ever been to for what i felt was “perfect climate” :slight_smile: )

1 Like