Virginian’s Grow Journal What did I do? LOL

That’s crazy!

1 Like

without trying to be TOO pompous/pious, I AM smiling at the possible yield from the Blue Dream, Girl Scout Cookie, and Super Lemon Haze ladies…ALL of this, is from BAG seed :wink: :slight_smile: It doesn’t make up for ALL the money i’ve given away over the years for MY habit to partake of the flower, but it’s putting a BIG dent on repayment for a first run :slight_smile: If i get a pound out of all of it, that is a year of repayment of monies spent (well some months i may have burned more than an Oz, lol) and if more, then more repayment in months of money spent :slight_smile: I think i’m going to get WELL more than a pound, :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So check this out. Just found another single finger leaf like I had just posted yesterday or day before but this one was on Sylvia Lance Harper, the slh strain whereas the other was on Nancy Kerrigan, a Blue dream. Wondering if they tried to almost re-veg and made those after that cool spell when hurricane Fred came through? New one is in right obviously

3 Likes

Good examples of the blue hue to the Blue dream ladies. And a shot of Nancy Kerrigan’s main cola chunking on up

6 Likes

Shortest of the Fem5 ladies. Tallest two colas are about 3’ lol. She’s making FAT buds though :heart:

4 Likes

Alright folks, i left this out somehow up there in the updates, and i now KNOW i did NOT get any pics like i thought i had but it dawned on me that not only the day i FIRST found it, but the NEXT week when i found it AGAIN and took that stalk for a clone to separate it from the rest of the plant, that i didn’t have my phone on me EITHER of those times. Sylvia Lance Harper, my super lemon haze… one of her bud site tops, had turned BLACK, like the entire leaf surfaces, down into the “crotch” where those two highest leaves on that stalk were. Almost like a black mold. Yes, it DID rub off but not without moisture and “elbow grease”. I just pinched that entire top off the first time thinking something (bug related) did that to her. Two tops came out and maybe it was two weeks later and not a week but within a week of that, THEY turned black…not sure what that was but i snipped that stalk down to i think the 4th node from top, then snipped it where it was attached to the main stalk and made it a clone. She’s starting to re-veg and NOT seeing any black on her indoors but just wondering if anyone knows if that was a mold growing or if they’ve ever experienced/seen that when growing. It wasn’t powdery at all, it was like someone dipped it in used motor oil on that top and it dried…she’s been an outdoor lady since sprout and the ONLY one i’ve seen with that on her and the ONLY site on HER that had it. And all of this was BEFORE she flowered, for the record.

@oldmarine @Hellraiser @MadamCalamity @kaptain3d @Oldguy @Myfriendis410 @MattyBear @dbrn32 @BobbyDigital @JaneQP

3 Likes

You need to remember your camera next time sir! :rofl: Super hard to say for sure without seeing it. Could be a lot of things when growing outdoors :man_shrugging::call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

i thought i had gotten pics honestly but after going through gallery it was dawning on me that neither time did i have it and was just “checking” on the ladies, not doing an update. IF by chance (hope not) another part of her, or that clone, start making that nastiness up top again i will get GOOD pics! i’m going to look at gallery one more time because PART of my brain is STILL arguing “yes i DID!!!” lol… i was using a diff app before figuring out the MACRO filter on regular cam, because it had a nice zoom. gonna check those folders :wink:

2 Likes

I just posted a couple pics on my thread yesterday of some darker tops with colour.
I can tag you over if you like. :wink::+1:
See if any look like yours. :thinking:
:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

@Oldguy feel free to tag me but i don’t think this was any “coloring” that was natural to the plant. If you look a few posts above this i just DID post some of my blue dreams and the beautiful coloring i’m getting on those ladies but this was BLACK, like used motor oil

2 Likes

Aahhh. I have seen some black mold this year locally on a few plants.
:v:

3 Likes

Ya, sounds like black mold but hard to say for sure.

3 Likes

yeah that’s what i was leaning towards too and why i pinched it off and when it came back on both new tops, CLIPPED entire thing a few nodes down and then took it as a clone. Not sure how/why ONE spot would be affected like that. maybe water SAT in there too long after a rain but i’m pretty diligent about shaking EVERY stalk even those low popcorn bud suckers :wink: hard to say for sure and i DO NOT have any pics like that lil part of my brain is arguing (you’re wrong , SHUT UP! lol). Found some cool shots i’d forgotten i’d taken though. It’s funny to see just since last month, the progression these ladies have made.

3 Likes

I have not experienced that……yet. But I have become used to things happening and I can get advice here along with a good dose of humor and understanding.

1 Like

Well, now i KNOW i’m letting those outdoor ladies keep stacking!!! Appears i’m left with barely over 1 1/2 oz off the olsen twin harvested last week :confused: counting the entire bud site i took that hermied, and the probably half a quarter i’ve smoked off her in the past few days it MAY have been just over 2oz. was really hoping for more, lol. I’m not cutting any more unless i HAVE to, or until first frost :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

GOOD GRIEF!!! there’s NO WAY one tiny spider did all that…lol. I come out this morning and from the GIANT oak tree beside my house (about 30yds away!!!) there is ONE tiny thin strand of web that came down at an angle to the backyard ladies. I get back there and EVERY SINGLE PLANT has web on it and are connected from one to the other… it seems a lil late in season (and WAY too cool at night) for spiderlings to be hatching but i cannot believe ONE tiny spider did all that in one evening on that many plants and that much sq footage, lol. i’ve seen big ones take ALL night to spin a beautiful 3ft diameter web. Oh well, gotta leave SOON but Capt Jacks it is when i get home… took a small ground weed stalk and got all the webbing off the ladies all the way around. Oh, i’m sorry, you did all that work? well it was on top of the 5mo of work i’ve done with these ladies so BEAT IT!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Journal Log Update 15 October 2021: was actually this morning i did the Capt jacks (for self reference, madison heights, bedford, then all the way back to one out of farmville in same day yesterday, LATE day). No signs of spiders/spiderlings or webbing this morning but did see some bud rot on popcorn buds down low on the BD ladies… the upper buds STILL steadily stacking on size/weight. Capt Jacks getting them wet, had some about to lean all the way over on those tallest leggy girls…

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about the bud rot.

2 Likes

I saw Black Widow spiderlings hatching the other night, they had covered my whole back door with webs in under an hour. Had to break out the flame-thrower to burn those spiders and webs just to let the dogs out.

5 Likes

FlamethrowerLOL

6 Likes