Virginian’s Grow Journal What did I do? LOL

Journal log, stardate…ohh, wait, wrong thing. Journal Log 09 Sept 21: JUST took 2 clones off of Sylvia Lance Harper , 2 clones off Teensy , 3 clones from Nancy Kerrigan , and then the one flowering (HARD) clone i accidentally broke off one of the Femtastic Five while mowing 10 days ago is thriving again also. Those blue dream out back, SHOOOooooo you wanna talk about SUPER SKUNK smell…LAWD they are throwing the terps off hard in my yard :wink: LOVE walking around there, it brings a smile every time that waifs to my nostrils :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Lacewing good grief…it was only $25 for 5000 green lacewings, and for five HUNDRED minute pirate bugs, it’s $75…OUCH, lol

1 Like

Eeeeshhhhh wow my bad …maybe go with the lacewings then they will take care of it in 4 weeks if anything is prowling
F THAT

I have them both here naturally never had to purchase so I was unaware

I omitted “both” from your statement but am wondering if i don’t have pirate bugs naturally also. I had made a post WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY up there in my journal when they were a LOT smaller (not long after going OUTside initially) about some tiny, shiny FAST moving bugs on a few leaves. Wondering if they weren’t pirate bugs? :wink:

1 Like

Very possible
They molt their exoskeleton multiple times during their instar stages the larve are orange translucent with a black dot area on their butts
When they do because an adult they are black and gold with a silver triangle on thier back and that’s what you see shining

If they are around don’t buy a thing

Also they are very fast

1 Like

Sitting here toking on a (wasteful) fatty…listening to a timeless classic. May as well share :slight_smile: (the tunes, i’m bogartin’ the fatty :smiley: ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L40QtUe2WG8&list=RDMM&index=2

♪"This guy, is burnin’, i believe my bowwwl’s on fiiiiiire" ♫ (what? that’s not the lyrics? LOL :smiley: )

Saw them at the pnc arts center in Jersey back in the 90’s they were with the Steve Miller band …2 days later I saw the Pink Floyd division bell at giants stadium …and the night after at Yankees stadium …the entire week was a blur but thankfully you don’t forget the music …May go have to mass around and learn this riff …it’s nice

2 Likes

Yeah i’ve been playing guitar since 14 (started out piano, mother taught it and was Church pianist) but was QUICKLY bored with that, haha. I’ve seen BadCo more times than i can remember in my youth, and Rush, Floyd numerous times (still best laser show EVAHHHHH!, might have been the psychedelics :smiley: ), The Dead numerous times before losing Jerry, Eagles, Stones, lots of the “classic rock” bands (even Seger). I’m a metalhead in heart though :smiley: Always leaned that way in musicianship also but DO like playing some of the old stuff too. It’s what we all started out learning :wink: I’m gonna just say it, when TOOL came out, i was knee deep in gore in moshpits of Slayer, Testament, and the likes. A HUGE Metallica fan and Megadeth and when i heard “Tool” i thought (and maybe said) “sounds appropriate, bunch of tools” LOL. But then i heard/saw them at either a Monsters of Rock or Lollapalooza type multi-band concert and was HOOKED. Now, this goes for ANYONE HERE, if you have NEVER SEEN THIS< you MUST!!! This is from their new album last year during Covid. Danny is 59 here (now 60) but this man is either an octopus, or an alien, or an alien octopus, i’m not sure :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Just WATCH THIS VIDEO. The man is a beast!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssULNGSZIA&list=RDMM&index=11

I’m not a drummer, but i DO know how to count time signatures in music, and i LOSE count somewhere i think around 7min mark on, he is doing polyrhythms with one hand, playing an entirely different “beat” than he is with the other hand. Carrying on TWO rhythms at the same time! And his explosive “rolls” or whatever you call it (TOLD you i’m not a drummer :smiley: ) are just amazing. he is the KING of “off-beat” timing signatures as you will witness :wink:

I love so many bands it’s crazy …all styles from jazz to metal …it’s all fun to play …I started young too …around 8 or 9 .
I always loved the setup and maintenance side too …even have a bunch of parts guitars …all different wiring schemes …my kid is even into it
We must own around 45 guitars including a few project guitars …

I can play the piano and keep a decent rock beat but I’m no Joel or Ghrol hahaha

1 Like

haha, yeah it’s just before the 7min mark…he’s playing one beat on the toms/snares and another on the “bongo” sounding drums…AND, his feet are still pumping double bass drums…but the TIMING there, man, i cannot follow i counted like 18/13 or something. it’s SO bizarre and hard to follow. THAT is what i mean though, look at his limbs from then on. I say not more…ALIEN OCTOPUS!!! :smiley: That’s another thing i like about Tool though, like Floyd, or The Dead, EACH SONG is so long and “involved” it’s like a miniconcert in itself, lol. SO much going on

Yeah was just checking him out…this is an angle ypu don’t normally see …they never focus on the drummer …so this is pretty cool

And yeah man he’s a contortionist
Insanely talented

1 Like

Check out this video
The drummer makes sure they focus on him

1 Like

Ok, so @Nicky @oldmarine @PurpNGold74 looking at the 3 pics i just posted on the “Question about lights” thread of the flowering GSC Olsen twins… they are 2 1/2 weeks into flowering. I have a couple tiny shoots WAY down low that are obviously NOT going to make the stretch and catch up. Being this far into flowering, can i still take those as clones? or will that stress them cutting from them this “far” into flowering stage?

1 Like

You can cut em off the main plant won’t care Infact you should Lolipop the plant anyways.
It’s just going to take a while to re veg the shoot so better get started on that asap

1 Like

it shouldn’t be revegging the shoot. It’s 2 1/2 weeks into flowering, lol. Unless i just misunderstood what you meant in what you said. I will take the clone from her. It won’t make “the light of day” as it’s way up under those tall budding main colas. It was TRYING to stretch out to the side to come around them but even so is still “under them”. Appreciate the response :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I mean take the cutting and start re vegging it asap because it’s in flower so it’s gonna take a while

1 Like

I purposely leave what I know will be inadequate growth simply to remove it later during flowering for clones.

The branches on the bottom left of this revegged White Widow.

I took some flowered clones last year from a bag seed plant.

1 Like

So @Nicky and @oldmarine, the 3 i just took from the olsens (one from one, two from other) ARE flowering obviously, AND the one i snapped off weekend before the one that just passed while mowing was flowering also. Are you saying cut those tiny immature buds OFF of those clones and reveg them from there? or can i let them flower out the rest of the season and harvest the minimal flower i will get from them, and then reveg through winter inside?

This is way more confusing then it needs to be haha. Let’s talk one by one and if you have pics that would be great to.

The idea when you take a cutting, or a branch snap or watever, is to put that cutting in a medium and give it veg light strength and timing.

This will take time but eventually the plant will convert to veg, re grow, shed the flowers and you can grow a full size plant. with a non autoflower.

The prefered medium is tap water and a dip in rooting hormone would be ideal as well, if you have a cloner setup great if not just toss it in a glass cup with tap water until you see a fair bit of roots then toss it in your coco or soil or whatever

1 Like