Virginian’s Grow Journal What did I do? LOL

AmyLeeTeensyExplosiveGrowthComparison080121
Pic is self explanatory. Now just Amy Lee’s bush beast self left to prune outside. Then, i NEED to get on those two GSCs under the upstairs lights and get them LSTd so i can get ready to switch’em over :wink: :slight_smile: W000000T!!!

6 Likes

Dangit man… broke one of the GSC gals right in the “T” crotch (saddle?) where it was originally topped… it split a good 2inches down the side of the stalk from the weight of that top node and growth on that side. I brought it all back up touching like it originally was and wound the heck out of it with that plant tying wire (like bread ties but smaller diameter metal wire inside). They both got SUPER cropped and then super LST’d but are repairing outside in the sun after such stress and a watering to runoff (they were a LOT dryer than i thought they were…). Then they’re going back under the lights to veg up more for a couple weeks and getting FLIPPED!!

Amy Lee, is FINALLY done (super cropping trim to lollipop her inner growths)…LAWD what a tedious hussy…LOL. She looks GOOD though and hopefully now that ALL of them outside are lollipop trimmed they will really start to jump in that upper growth before we transition to flowering in a month or two outside :wink: :slight_smile:

I’ll get pics of Amy Lee and the two GSCs in a bit. Right now i’m sitting my @$$ down and smoking a BIG FAT one, lol… dang HOT outside, had me running sweat down my back into my crack, lol…NOBODY likes that :wink: :smiley: “ain’t nobody got TIIIIIME for dat!!!” LOL

4 Likes

Use painter tape to mend break!! Sounds good going to puff one 2​:+1::triumph::yum:

4 Likes

Amy Lee all lollipop trimmed and looking fine :heart:

4 Likes

Olsen twins, lollipop trimmed and LST tied, and the break/repair

6 Likes

I forgot that since I feed my outdoor plants silica training is more difficult as the plants break easier than they bend. I had to use zip ties and bamboo stakes to hold it together but it is doing well in spite of me. Nice job. By the way the river looks awsome

2 Likes

Despite nancy kerrigan making such a STRONG comeback outside after being repaired, the Olsen twin that split yesterday did NOT make improvements overnight after repair. Looks to be dying on that top that split. OK, not gonna stress. that whole top can go to the drying rack and get added to the jar of edibles materials :wink:

3 Likes

@Smalls @PurpNGold74 i got that “TeaLab” compost brewing kit today, it’s been brewing for 3.5hrs now of the 24 (minimum) it needs to. Can’t wait to hit ALL the ladies with it (after i pH it and dilute as necessary :slight_smile: , or if necessary). Tired of dorking with ratios because of the different sizes of the gals, with the liquid nutes… also don’t want to lock’em out because i DON’T get those ratios right. You can hardly GO wrong with what God made/intended to amend/replenish/fertilize soils with, in an organic compost brew :slight_smile: The fact my neighbor friend got me the wrong bag of Happy Frog (soil amendment instead of potting soil) worked out :slight_smile: it has peat/compost, humic acid, bat guano mycorrhizae and other minerals that were “add on suggestions to strengthen potency of the tea mix” to what THEY sent with it in their mix :wink:

EDIT* i WILL say their design (TeaLabs) is flawed and i intended on making a bigger one (like 30gal rubbermaid trashcan brewer) and wanted to see their design and theirs bubbles itself right up out of the 5gal bucket, even with weight of the compost/mineral filled tea bag dangling from it in the water… had to bungee it down and when i fabricate mine it will be a “through wall” (of trash can near top) design where it cannot move up or down, with quick detach/attach connection points inside to “tear it down” for cleaning

3 Likes

Dangit. Now I lost my place lol. Lemme jump up to catch up properly

3 Likes

Definitely guilty of digging as well. But in the same sense, I have forgotten a seed in soil, repotted that cup in another pot for another seed, then it sprouted waiting on the new seeds’ taproot soak lol

Vegging over the winter is doable. But ir gonna have a BIG ASS PLANT by spring. Also using ‘natural’ sun hours (think 15-16 hours) maybe more beneficial then 18-20 on. Seeing as how 5 months of 18-6 then outside to 14ish hours may trigger flower

Whew. Poor Olsen twin… this is why when most top, they leave an inch or two at the top, more support to avoid that split.

Amy Lee looks great (Teensy too, hell they all do)

5 Likes

that actually makes perfect sense. would be a substantial loss in hours, even though outside it’s the longest light hours of the year :smiley:

3 Likes

Stoner brains work sometimes lol

3 Likes

i know i’m the DEBIL!!! for even saying this here, lol. But WHY would i pay $146.99 for the HLG 105W NON-dimmable v2 rspec when this Barrina (although NOT samsung LEDS and NOT meanwell driver) for $139.99 puts out 200W, with the reds and far reds spectrum and more of them, on the board (which doesn’t necessarily mean good or bad difference)?? Zoey and Sally both are LOVING it so far. No stretch but i have it at about 75% and 19" or so above Zoey and probably 29-31" above Sally’s fat lil self, trying to not burn them OR stretch them either one til i get this thing dialed in on distances/power output :wink:

EDIT* point is, i HALF listened to you :smiley: :smiley: i GOT a quantum board, full spectrum, blah blah, just not an HLG, and i’ll be the guinea pig to see if it can perform as well. Seeing people do very well with blurples despite the hatred for them over here, i cannot imagine even if it isn’t to HLG’s performance in the end, it should still top the blurples theoretically?

EDIT part2, i can’t really do a “side by side” comparison with my semi-blurple BestVA lights for a couple reasons. For one, there’s TWO of them with total of 390W in that closet, but it’s ALSO, 70-80° day and night, and 77-82% rh in that closet up there too with a huge industrial fan NOW as the intake blowing HARD (even on low it’s 2800cfm, lol) between the light and the top of the Olsens, and a small industrial fan above everything blowing out and down a hallway. Downstairs, stays 69-74 at HOTTEST days, and that cheapo thermo/hygrometer that came with original underpowered light i sent back and forgot to put back in box (OOPS! :smiley: ) , i don’t trust, it says it’s about 38% rh down here and i know it’s more, it has never gone above 41% even upstairs where the reliable vintage one is SHOWING it’s 82% (at that time) up there. And it’s ONE light, and 200W

3 Likes

separate EDIT part 3, lol, :smiley: AND it’s 3 separate strains, between the twins (GSC) up there and the Sunset Sherbet (Sally) and Zoey (Zkittlez) down here so comparisons would be off anyway in size yield most likely for end results, per plant, even of SAME strains, given especially one of the two GSCs is now damaged and minus one of her tops (hehe, she lost it in combat)

3 Likes

In A word (or two) DIODE Quality. HLG is best bang for buck wise in the actual quality of the diodes. Yes it maybe minimal. But more light per second per watt over the lifespan of hundreds of plants? Makes a diff. But again if its working… u know the rule lol

4 Likes

@PurpNGold74 Hey started a topic in this category called fabric pot hempy buckets? Could you tag some people who might have info. Not sure how?? Thanks bro.

2 Likes

riiiiiight, but given THAT argument (Samsung quality of diodes, and bangs for bucks, hehe, I HAVE DOLLLARRRRRRRS!!! :smiley: ) there are LOTS of lights out there USING Samsung Diodes and flat aluminum heatsinks, MEANWELL drivers, like the HLGs etc etc, Quantum boards, yada yada, and still cheaper than them. WHAT, exactly, given they’re using same build parts, makes the HLG WORTH more?

this is also along the lines in the argument (to MY defense even, lol) that you can BUILD an HLG cheaper than you can buy one, even FROM them… as dbrn has shown

2 Likes

i WOULD say “note to self, READ THE DIRECTIONS!!” but in ALL fairness, i DID try to, LOL… they are VERY “limited” to say the least with the TeaLab brewer kit. Each included compost, fish powder, humic acid/kelp pellet, etc etc says “add to compost tea” OR, some say “add after brewing compost tea” and to dissolve it into it, etc. WELL…after going to their site to see what my “mystery package of seeds” was (LOL :roll_eyes: “organic parsley” ) i see in their “recipes” section that MOST of what i “added to my compost tea” to brew, is for FLOWERING!!! D’oh!!! dangit man…so now i’m brewing 5gal of flowering booster tea for plants in veg state, lol…FML. THANKS, non-explicit directions i actually TRIED to follow :smiley: I AM going to flip the Olsens in a couple weeks…i need to see if i can store this in cool/dark place in jugs (diluted of course to correct pH) until NEEDED, so i can brew some of the basic tea brew recipes for VEGGING…

Ive never bought an HLG. Its for pansies lol. Built every one of my babes with assistance from the Light Doc (ALOT OF ASSISTANCE). But the NEW (and some old models) of HLG kinda poo on my lights. The good ones are ‘R-Spec’s, but im sure their 1 year old boards pooped on my strips. Not saying im not pushing numbers, just a fact. Id slap somebody mama for a Scorpion. Lol

And honestly? I pretty much crushed a $1 a watt. Like unreasonably. But I got lucky (they double shipped once, caught a sale for the next) and was patient (took me a year and a half to pull the trigger, and said sale next light).

Honestly I was growing weed with bulbs. Not good dense funk. But more potent then I could get off the shelves. That was with no ph knowledge and minimal investment.

The knowledge/investment translated to me winning bang for buck. Dont mean it cant be done by a long shot. El Jefe (member I forgot how to tag) built a box and light (with bulbs and refractors) for under $100 investment and grew nuggs of dope.

2 Likes

(powders up his MAMA SMACKIN’ hands, so they make GOOD contact)…who’s mama we smacking, i want one too? :smiley: LOL

that’s awesome, and that’s what i’m saying. some of us even “back in the day” didn’t have HPS setups. My mom and dad (was a COP for a while when i was a kid, LOL) would have seen the light first of all, and that electric bill…somebody’s @$$ would have paid a lot more than anyone did in a light bill :smiley: Did what you had to do. I wasn’t a grower, just a helper and learner. I liked the way it smelled growing wild outside and got “a nose” for it to where i could smell patches, lol. Depending on where i was i would purposefully divert my travel so as to not encroach on someone’s patch OR p!ss someone off and get shot, lol. Now that i CAN grow it, pfff, why the fack WOULDN’T I ? i tell you who’d I"D smack, the one who said “because i’d rather just PAY for it” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

EDIT* smack’em with a big O price :smiley: TREE-FIDDY!!!

2 Likes