VIRGINIA outdoor strain

I got started early…bad me… white widow, og Kush and super skunk all did awesome outside…

7 Likes

How did everyone do with all this rain we received

1 Like

One of my girls suffered a broken branch. I applied honey and wrapped it to see if it could be repaired. We’ll see.

Other than that, I think we’re OK. It’s breezy today so that should help the blooms dry out.

How did you fare?

I found a little bud rot on a bud… cut it away and keeping a close eye… lucky my girls were under cover, but humidity lately and that rain was not good, I’m a new grower this year, going to change things up a bit next year

2 Likes

Okay got a little help to harvest the bigger plant . After I hurt my back it went to long wthout care and I had it cut about at least 2 weeks early . Lost some weight and a little quality but still going to get a bit over a pound

Got the first wet trim done and clean it up in a day or 2

6 Likes

Hope you get better and that’s a great harvest any day in my book

1 Like

@SilvaBack203 thanks for the well wishes brother. And yes sir I’m happy happy about the yield and especially so since I thought I lost the whole plant to damage in a storm .
I had mentally thrown a temper tantrum and left it lay on the ground until mid afternoon the next day . When I got to the garden to pull it up and toss it was a clean 3 way split , like a pie cut into 3 uneven pieces. So I drizzled honey and azos mixed together pulled the plant together tied with clothes line to start then wrapped the whole thing in a rag and used a radiator hose clamp over that to pinch it together. That is how it went through 80 % of flowering so yes I am just lucky to have any

That last pic was just before I got hurt and had to start neglecting it. Today my Gold leaf comes out and then just when ever the Bruce Banners are ready

6 Likes

That’s truly amazing they are fighters and she gave you plenty of bud 2.

1 Like

Looks like a nice harvest in the end! Hope you feel better!

1 Like

So, after a summer of brutal heat and humidity in Central VA, what strains did best for folks outside?

My two Granddaddy Purple plants came through relatively unscathed, but I ended up pulling up my two outdoor-grown White Widows because they were eat up with mold.

I have a grow tent now, and a good light, and I think I am going to concentrate on indoor growing (especially with Winter coming), but I also like growing stuff in general outside, and I’m hoping to grow a big outdoor cannabis plant next year. Will have to be something really really mold-resistant though.

3 Likes

Central Virginia here too… just west of Richmond…my two white widows did great but one did get a couple moldy buds which I took care of right away, so very little damage…my og Kush did well and produced some wicked smoke… getting ready to harvest my super skunk in the next few days… Overall a fantastic grow for my first time with weed.

6 Likes

I’m in central Virginia. I grew autoflowers, and got about a pound of dry weight out of the four plants I grew right in my garden in regular garden soil. I was done by the first week of August, almost 12 weeks exactly from germination.

The biggest of the four was a six-foot blueberry, but it was also the only one that had any bud rot. I lost two good-sized colas from it, but the rest of the plant turned out great. Filled five quart jars.

Next best producer was a northern lights. It was a healthy four footer, with a huge main cola and lots of side colas. It filled four quart jars.

The two amnesia haze I grew were the lowest producers, filling two quart jars between them. But it is probably my favorite to smoke.

7 Likes

Love the shape!

3 Likes

Yep I’m thinking that that this is going to be a bumper crop for me this year even with my health issues near the end of the grow . Still got about 8 to 10 oz of BB hanging to dry also

11 Likes

Nice haul!

1 Like

@Naturalmedsman thanks it got kind of ridiculous for a 1 user grow didn’t it . Just got the first of some of the out side plants to where you can test a bud without it being nasty and weed grown outdoors is different from indoors. Indoor plants look prettier but the outside one the was a clone is better smoke by a long shot . Same plant just as a clone but still have some of the mother plant to and they are nothing alike at all . Look , smell , taste , and buzz you would never know they were clones and identical .

1 Like

That’s a great haul :drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

So interesting that there’s such a difference between indoor and outdoor. Yeah that’s a crazy harvest for one user lol, but why the heck not! I probably don’t consume more than 3-4 ounces a year but would grow way more than that just for fun and gifting it. This was my first real grow season and it’s looking like I’ll probably get 1-2 ounces from my late season grow. Only made it 2.5 months into the grow before the weather stopped cooperating. If I had an indoor setup I’d keep going all year. For now though, outdoors is for me. Did you consume all that Folgers during the trim? Must have taken forever!

2 Likes

@Naturalmedsman thanks and yeah I’m afraid I will probably be giving quite a bit away as Christmas gifts this year . It has always made me extra popular at the holidays when I have a happy sack with a bow for people who stop by .
I was blessed once again by listening to advice of growers who have gardens that I admire. Then I just creep on their grows and snitch what works for my situation from a few different sources. And a large dose of luck .

2 Likes