VIRGINIA outdoor strain

Here in the Shenandoah valley. Got some bruce banners already flowering good luck fellow Virginia’s!

4 Likes

I’m from elkton! Lol

1 Like

I’ve been going to fifth season in cville to get all my goodies!

2 Likes

Good to know.

1 Like

They got everything at a decent price. You should check them out. Great selection of nutes, soils, test kits and more

1 Like

I will. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

All my life…wanna fight about it? LOL!
That proves it!

I hear you on being outside a lot.
I worked as a surveyor for many years then moved over to utility location and protection.
In 25 years it never failed - cold, miserable, windy days were on a mountaintop without a tree in site, hot summer days mostly spent in a swampy bottom fighting mosquitoes or a dry, dusty construction site.
Sometimes both in the same day if doing route work like on roads, pipelines or power lines.
Truly a job for no seasons! LOL!

I more or less retired 2 years ago and during the hot part of the day I might be outside 15 minutes.
If it’s a watering or feeding day I get up early, mix and check everything in the laundry room and walk it out to my plants on the deck and back to the AC!
Same method I use to grill out in January!

Here’s a pic of my best girl - which I have decided will be called GrandMAMA Purple from now on!LOL!

She got a drink a nutes this morning I fully expect her to double in size by tomorrow! :rofl: :joy: :pray:

Have a GREAT DAY and Happy Growing Everyone!

5 Likes

After reading your comment, I noticed the avatar, don’t know if it’s new or not. Now I have running through my head-“After dinner I had ice cream, I fell asleep and watched TV, I woke up in my mother’s arms, Grandma take me home!”-Kurt Cobain RIP. I saw them play in a hotel bar in Calgary before they blew up, maybe a hundred people there.

Good!ots 7 feet tall now and still in veg!

1 Like

Famous place! Theres a song about that valley.

1 Like

This is my first “crash test dummy” plant that I started in late April in my windowsill. I did a number of things wrong with it (pot too small, soil too dense, watered too much). Almost killed it. Repotted it in a larger pot with better soil, and back she came from her near-death experience. She is less than half the size of a Northern Lights seed from the same pack that I planted directly in the ground two weeks later.

She is at around 70 days. Pistols are just starting to darken and curl. I will get something out of her after all. I am hoping that Neitzsche was right, and that what didn’t kill her made her stronger.

11 Likes

Looking like nothing happened to her

I started my second grow with seeds in a cup and set out inside screened porch where they received bright light. Here in eastern side of Shenandoah Valley of Virginia we had unusually cold days in June so although all 4 seeds sprouted within 3 days they were slow to grow until it was consistently warm. I recently read that growing cannabis is much like growing tomatoes.

I grow my veggies, tomatoes included, in the self-contained Earthbox. What the heck, it it’s good enough for tomatoes then good enough for my plants.

I planted 2 per box and as soon as I transplanted into the earthboxes they took off. We have not had that much rain but the reservoir is routinely topped off plus I discovered that much like tomato plants, they don’t consume as much water during the vegetative stage but man, they suck up the water during the flowering stage. Two flowering tomato plants can easily take in close to 3 gallons in less than one day!

Anyway, at long last us Virginians are now able to legally grow our own.

Here are a few pics of my young starts in the earthboxes. All from fem seeds- alcopulco gold, Amnesia Haze & Bubblegum, the latter two being free seeds. I have them fenced off for now to keep the young starlings and grackles out until plants can grow tall and stout.

10 Likes

I actually considered pulling her and starting over. But she is my first pot plant, ever, and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Then I went away for a week of vacation, and in my absence, she perked up and started to flower. That’s when I learned that you can actually water them to death. No more!

2 Likes

Here is my six-footer (ILGM Blueberry Auto).

And my 4.5 footer (ILGM Northern Lights).

10 Likes

Looks great!
Your blueberry is super tall !!

I had to super crop my daughter’s blueberry auto (think that’s the correct term), bent all of the upper stems at a 99 degree angle to help it not grow into the lights. She has a 55" tall tent.

Wow! Your plants look great! Super happy ladies!!!

Thanks. They do seem quite pleased with themselves!

They do much better in the ground as you can see. If you can give them sun all day and enough food and water, they will get much larger. Assuming they are photos of course. They look great! Should give you several ounces of good smoke!

2 Likes

All four are autos.

Over the weekend, I had to create a makeshift lattice screen to hide them from public view.

I realized that the top colas of the blueberry and the northern lights could be seen from the street. “Sore thumb” obvious to anyone who knew what they were looking at.

I was worried that at this point in the grow, I might awaken one morning to find them decapitated.

4 Likes