Viparspectre VA - 1000 dimmable intensity

I’m growing a few girls in a 32x72x80 and I’m using 2 - Viparspectre VA - 1000 led dimmable grow lights. My question is about the intensity. Would you seasoned growers start your first week of veg at 25% and increase another quarter the following week all the way to 100%? Also, should I do the same when flowering and at what intensity should I leave the veg dial through flowering?

1 Like

I looked up the light, they only consume about 120w each. Just with that knowledge I would run them both (veg and flower dials) full power the entire grow…

But if you have doubts, start lower around 50% and increase each day or every other day to get max power sooner (if no problems occur)…

2 Likes

I believe I will take your advice and start at 50% just to see how the ladies react, but just to be clear, I should run both the veg and bloom throughout the entire grow?

2 Likes

I would run both also unless i start to see something going on with leaves telling me its too much light like sun burn on the leaves ect. I jave a 135 in a 2x2 about 50% and at the top of the tent 4 ft for one planet of the grapes plant.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community ! If you are passed Seedling stage and have three or four nodes I would run both veg and Bloom on till Harvest. @Ron330 has got your back.

I really appreciate the info guys. @Ron330, @kellydans, @Mark0427, Thanks a ton

1 Like

Full power n work from there

Of the 5 planted I’ve had a 100% germ rate. They’re all the same strain, Giggling Granny (White widow/Afgooey), and all but one seem to be doing very well. I have my lights set at 60% veg and 30%bloom which give me around 234 ppfd at the center over canopies. I’m using a Halle and half blend of Happy Frog and Ocean Forest with “deca earth” mixed in the soil. Should I give up on the runt and concentrate on the others or do you think I could salvage it?