VIPARSPECTRA Dimmable Series PAR1200?

Has anyone tried this light for a grow? If so, I’m particularly interested in how it performed for flowering. I’m considering putting one in a 4X4 tent.

I haven’t used that particular light but I did veg a very healthy plant in a 3x2x6 with a dimmable viparspectra 300w. I’m not sure about flowering, I’m sure it would have produced an ok yield but they are very heavy on the blue spectrum. So I’m flowering with a 600 hps. Not sure if that helps you any , but thought I’d share.

1 Like

Viparspectras have an extremely blue hue to them and I dislike them for this reason, its just way too much blue to grow with, no need for it. I wouldn’t purchase it. There are better options

It will definitely work

1 Like

Hogmaster-
Do you know anyone that has used this light for flowering? As a previous poster has said, many of the Viparspectras seem to be heavy on the blue. I don’t think this particular one is, at least not when you crank up the flowering rheostat. I just don’t want to get in the situation where I have to switch to a HPS to get a decent yield.

1 Like

Hmmmmmmm I’m running a VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Series VT450 450W LED for my first Auto flower grow and now you all have me worried for my flowering :joy::joy:

They wouldn’t sell the lights they do if they didn’t work do they Advertise as veg only does it have a veg and blooms switch they will work but there are things that work better all trial and error I use meizhi leds they where the cheapest thing I could find at the time and now I have 7 of them

1 Like

I have faith in you :ok_hand:

Please let us know how your flowering goes. I’m very interested.

1 Like

Sure will,

Currently in Early Veg.
Transplanting tomorrow into 3 Gal Smart pot.

1 Like