Veteran's Corner

Glad you are growing again, that is therapy in itself. Things are going to work out for you, it will get better, you and your Doctors just need good communication and in some cases you may want to keep charts of daily events( if you don’t already) so nothing is missed. I wish you the best Jerry.

Good Morning all my Vet friends, hope you are having a great day. I have something here that some of you suffering from inability to sleep (insomnia) may want to explore.

I talked to my provider about not liking to take Lunesta because it leaves me with a morning hangover for a few minutes to an hour or more. She said to take the 3 mg now and after I started getting regular sleep, cut it back to 2mg and see if that helps. Since they have had so much trouble finding meds for me, they have me testing an Alpha Stim machine. It sends alpha brain waves to certain parts of the brain and is AMAZING in how easy it puts me to sleep. I put it on for 60 minutes the other day and I slept almost immediately after laying down!

It is supposed to be used 2-3 times a day initially and then can be tapered down to once a day or less depending on how it works for you. After using it for 60 minutes (slept 45 of those minutes) I awoke and felt great. No hangover, no depression or anxiety from it. In fact, I had NO depression and NO anxiety in the past 20 hours or so since I used it. I went outside and everything seemed clear in my mind and I actually felt rested and happy. Something I have not felt for almost a year !

Not saying it is for anyone else but I am sold on it. My wife said that she does not care about the price , “get it and I do not care about the price as long as you can sleep”.

I pick up the machine on the 29th. Am hoping I can take myself off all of those other meds. It might not be a possibility where you are but might not hurt to mention it, they have the machines in the VA system. I believe they have a contract with an outside company.

Wish you all the best in plants and health. Jerry :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hey bud, howz the alpha stim doing?

Hasn’t made a huge difference in my sleep but depression and anxiety are WAY Down ! ! Thanks for asking

That is 2/3 the way there. I have weaned off the hardcore meds already. Panic attacks and anxiety, still a problem my doc doesn’t quite understand. Glad it is helpful for ya.