Veteran's Corner

Sorry about your uncle @Fairieswear8oots. It’s cool that you have that photo of him in country. What a damned mess. I can’t say it any better @TxGrowman. Thank you.

And good on ya @Mudcrab01. I’ll roll one for you on ANZAC Day, buddy!

2 Likes

Thank you :heart: I don’t think there is one among us who hasn’t been touched by war or some kind of terrorism. This is the stuff that connects us :v:t3:

3 Likes

No problem about ANZAC day but your going to have to wait a while it was in April.

3 Likes

Well damn. I’ll just have to do it now then lol

2 Likes

Welcome ! Any vet has a home here !

4 Likes

I cannot believe that it has been four years since my brother in law died of cancer from Agent Orange with cancer throughout his body. I am sorry, I was so caught up in my illness and problems that I forgot your day. You passed on 05/16/2014 after several years of illness and a terrible six months of pain and suffering at the end. Rest in Peace Al. You are loved and greatly missed. So sad to leave my sister and children so young.

Thank You for your service and sacrifice for this great nation. Jerry (Doc) HMC USN/USMC

9 Likes

I’m so sorry for your families loss :broken_heart:
Thank you BOTH for your service!
Never fogotten :us::v:t3::heart:

2 Likes

Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971. Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades. Unofficially, it marks the beginning of the summer season. I am going to ride my Harley to the National Cemetery near my house with 55 other vets on Monday to honor the fallen. This is likely the last year that I will be strong enough to do it. Besides, I am going to sell my bike this year.

As we enter the Memorial Day weekend, let us not forget that it is to honor the fallen that paid the ultimate price in battle and during service to our great nation.

Thank you for your service and GOD BLESS AMERICA !

281858_1655924781293031_7801063412993957549_n

8 Likes

Went to a Memorial Day flag lowering to half mast this morning. Took pictures for my vets group and am now trying to develop them on my computer. Couldn’t stay up walking for more than 45 minutes taking pictures but managed to get all the pictures. Glad it ended when it did. At 7:45 it was 88 with 94 heat index, on top of that it is an Ozone alert day making it even harder for me to breathe. Am inside now in the A/C and doing way better. Well that and a breathing treatment.

Hoep everyone has a great Memorial Day. At 3:00 PM, is a National Moment of silence for all the departed that died in defense of this great nation. Take a minute at 3:00 to remember those that gave the final measure of patriotism by giving their life for us to be free !

God Bless America. :us: :us: :us:

9 Likes

Hope you had a great Memorial day @TxGrowman and sorry to hear it maybe the last you maybe able to attend. I tend to avoid our service called ANZAC day over here. Not sure why to be honest, just don’t have it in me…I haven’t done one in years, and my medals sit in the box collecting dust. I do my own more personal thing each year on the day to observe ANZAC day, here I just like to do it in solitude and avoid the questions, crowds, noise and such.

4 Likes

Definitely understand you about noise and people. I don’t do large crowds either we are all family. I’m glad I’m with you guys.

4 Likes

Oh, wow. I didn’t know there was a Veterans corner until now. I am a US Army veteran and am proud of that. I served from 84-88. I served in the 3rd Infantry division , 1st Battalion 10th Field artillery in Schweinfurt Germany and 363rd transportation company Ft. Dix NJ. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND YOU WHO SERVED!

6 Likes

My experience with the va is not so great either. I am assigned to the Charlie Norwood VA in Augusta GA… I was told that that one hospital has 30,000 rotating patients. I won’t go into my stuff because it would take to long. Plus I don’t care to relive it at the moment. Thanks for serving guys. May freedom ring forever.

3 Likes

Thank you, Happy Pappy. My brother served around that time, around those parts. He was in 82nd Airborne. Small world.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard brother and thanks for your service !

3 Likes

Greetings brothers and sisters! Marine Vet here, glad there’s a place we can all come to on ILGM. I just finished my contract recently with the Marines, I did my 6 and had enough. I’ve just recently started dabbling with growing after being a long time smoker while in the military (got lucky for about 3 years of getting around randoms :sweat_smile:) I’m currently on my first grow, feel free to check out my journal :innocent:

5 Likes

Tag me on your journal. I’d like to watch.

2 Likes

Great to have you aboard. I hated the randoms too. Looking forward to following you. :us::man_farmer:

2 Likes

I’m also a Texas grower and a USN vet and from Dallas county. I was FTM1 (missile radar guy) when I got out. I told them when I left that it was their policy of "telling me what I can and can’t do in my own living room that cost them having a damn near 4.0 sailor re-inlist. I made E6 in 5 1/2 years and that wasn’t easily done back then. I told the old man that it was none of the government’s business what I did on my own time. Get drunk, beat your wife and run to the ship and hide. They’ll protect you. Seen that several times. Smoke a joint off the ship and they’d bust the crap out of you. I bet they still do. The sad part is that they can do useless and dangerous drugs like Coke and meth and as long as they don’t get tested in less than 72 hours, they’re good. I didn’t realize there was a vets forum. Set to watching

5 Likes

Good to see so many Vets here…must say the green has allowed me to sleep again at nights something that has not been to common for many many years. Current grow in the Journals of your interested.

2 Likes