Veteran INDOOR grower, and kitchen chemist, offering my service to field questions:

Oh yeah I experimented, some I did with just clonex and some I did with both but none with just rooting powder, but loads that I have seen use both, and I put 2 in each together with every cube, I had plenty of really good solid ones as I’d just chopped the hell out of her to put her into scrog, she’s a durban poison, and she was proper fat, so I took the advice of loads on here and I thought it was a waste to throw it away, so when to put them under the lights please buddy

You can build a cheap “A/C” system yourself. At least something that can be done quickly, and will require only a touch of maintenance. Build a swamp cooler (styrofoam cooler, ice, salt, water, 1/4" copper tubing, zip ties, small water pump) and attach it to your fan. You can even keep your fan oscillating if you get clever with some flex tube. Just check the ice and water levels when you check your ladies. :+1:t2:

1 Like

@DissidentPriest how would a small water pump be used?. I have never seen or used one before. Also I watered my plants yesterday with 6.0 pH water. I don’t think I used to much but today I noticed tip of my leaves starting to curl on this kushykush plant. I wonder what it could be? Any idea

I’m still nervous about spilling extra root thrive in the soil when I transplanted five days ago. It’s made up mostly of nitroge

1 Like

The small water pump is used to pump the salted ice water through the copper tubing. You make a coil with the copper tubing and attach it to the front of your fan. As the ice water moves through the tube, and across the fan, VOILA… poor man’s A/C.

So you watered, now droopy leaves… a few things come to mind:

1. Temperature drop overnight will cause the leaves to droop. You’ll notice them stand right back up once temp comes back up.
  2. Overwatering, or improper pH. Check the pH in your run-off as that gives you the pH the plant is actually getting (roots).
2 Likes

I place my clones in a humidity dome under 24 hours of light until rooted, just like a seedling. Once roots have pushed through the medium in a good number, move them out of the humidity dome and into veg cycle.

1 Like

Thanks again @DissidentPriest I’ll check all that once I get home and see how they look​:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I’ve seen you around offering your help, I’ve read all your things on here and you really seem to know your stuff, I’ve even chatted before about my clones, I think it’s great what you’re doing and I wanted you to know your appreciated, and I’ve had a few problems myself but I’m working through them and if I run in to any further problems, I’ll tap you up :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @DissidentPriest you have commented on my other thread but I just found this one too. You mentioned you solely use led lights these days & I wanted to ask what you thought of this light as a full spectrum. I’m only just starting to order supplies for my tent & since lights seem to be the biggest investment I don’t want to just go ahead & buy anything without asking someone like yourself. I was looking at using 4 of these in a 4x4x6.5 tent with 7gal buckets RDWC system.

1 Like