Very thin white hairs late in flowering

This is an Amnesia Haze about 12 weeks into flowering. i just started flushing last weekend. i noticed these thin white hairs, almost like human hair or spider webs (mites?) that are barely visible to the naked eye. getting some fresh air in the pics, but she is an indoor girl. maybe an interesting note…the top bud section of some colas are bending a bit. there seems to be one soft spot that is bending, but the rest of the stalk is fine.

as always, any/all thoughts appreciated!

1 Like

Could be mites. Difficult to see that far away. They don’t look in bad shape. So maybe it’s a recent infestation?

1 Like

Definitely webs, could be spider mites. They’re tiny very hard to see but get some sort of magnifier and look closely

1 Like

You appear to be real close to the end. So hopefully if it is spider mites you won’t get to much damage. I probably don’t need to say this but need to be real careful taking plants outdoors and then back in. That opens up your grow space to all kinds of nasty critters that can catch a ride indoors. This looks like spider webs to me.

2 Likes

what bulldognuts said…

1 Like

It looks like hair, like something rubbed against the plant there. The dope is sticky right? A cat, wool sweater, some hair blowing in the wind? Its how pollen gets on your plant. Anyway, its kinda moot ads chop is near.
Like anything in the air, dust, smoke, ash pollen from trees, damn near anything will stick to your plants.

3 Likes

I keep finding stray dog hairs on my recently harvested buds. Probably was transferred there while trimming from stems to go into jars.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for weighing in. i have a dog, but she is black. i tied white twine around to support the heavy stalks, but the smallest fibers appear thicker than these hairs.

great point about critters @Bulldognuts…i was more focused on getting some good natural light (my indoor lighting is sub-par) so i try to get them out in the sun/breeze when i can.

trichomes don’t look quite ready yet, but i think i will chop in a week.

1 Like

Cats manage to creep around a lot, their hair is light and floaty

1 Like

Im seeing small white hairs like that randomly on my plants also. I started freaking out and As I was in the air blowing around right in front of my face was a bunch of small white lint kinda just everywhere floating around. The things a 30x60x can see. I immediately thought mold! then stopped and looked in the tent. 8" exhuast. 6- 9" fans and if anythign y Rh gets to low at times.