Very strong aroma from AK47 Auto

I harvested some of my Ak47 Auto plant that had almost 100% cloudy trichomes ten days ago. It’s been drying since then. Just now harvested it and got it all trimmed. The smell has absolutely no real “weed” smell to it, but rather a really sweet and sour, citrusy, pine scent. The buds smelled like this through the whole grow but it’s way stronger now that they’ve been dried and trimmed. Is this normal? For my first grow the buds turned out fairly dense. I’ve got the buds in a mason jar with a hygrometer. It’s reading 42% humidity so I think they dried too long. I’ve got some 62% humidity packs on the way to put in the jar. Are sativa dominant strains known for having airy buds even at the top colas?

2 Likes

Its a good sign that you dried well and retained the terpenes. Good Job.
Exhale into the jar and cap it again. Do this a couple times a day until your packs arrive.
It will slowly raise the moisture.

3 Likes

Yes setiva is lighter and more airy than indica or hybrids
As far as the smell goes …I’ve only harvested two plants and they reeked like all kinds of different things during flower
Cat piss …sewage …some days they smelled like skunk …the bud came out fire tho and I even think I dried to quickly …sounds to me like yours smells just like it’s supposed to …
Also on the 62% packs …they seem to “keep” things at 62 but they don’t adjust them to 62 …like it already needs to be at 62 …you can try using a bunch that may do it …or even try grove bags next time …I used them too and seemed to work the best

2 Likes

Good to hear.

Thanks. I’ve still got that rest of that plant to harvest and another one that is a few weeks behind the plant I’m dealing with now. I’ll do a few things different on the next one.

1 Like

Look into grove bags …
I got the 1/2 pound size and kept it all in there and they were nice for a long time …I did have the buds around 68 percent in the jars when I put them in the grove bags and eventually everything leveled off to 62% in the groves …
I also used a small Wi-Fi hydrometer made by a company called Govee …they work really good I kept them in the grove bags with the herb and could just look at my phone to see what they were at
I think you can get them on Amazon for $12-14 bucks each

1 Like

The first pic shows the govee and I just took that cause I have it outside to see what the conditions are where I’m growing
The one that says mob boss is just in a ziploc with a bunch of 62 packs

1 Like

You can literally have as many as you want and name them whatever …really useful gadgets during cure too …they come with a small lanyard you can hang anywhere
I used a garment box from lowes to dry my herb in and had them in there too …worked pretty good

1 Like