Very oily dried buds

About 2 months ago, I harvested a Gorilla Glue plant. I wanted to do an extended hanging time, so I humidified a room to 55% with oscillating fans and ran an exhaust fan. After a week, I turned the humidity down to 50 percent and hung then until the stems snapped. So the plant dried for about 2 weeks before going into jars. I burped the jars every few days for a couple weeks after that. The buds ended up with a light scent very piney and a whiff of sweet. They smoke well, and taste great with the volcano.
Three weeks ago I stopped smoking, my wife is trying to land a job and will be drug tested.
This evening, I opened the jar to check the buds and make sure all was well. The jar itself was oily and sticky, there was actually a drip down the side. I took the flowers out, they look and smell fine. So I moved them into another jar and tomorrow I’ll look with a microscope. The sticky drip looks light amber on a cotton swab and tastes a little bitter.
Has anybody seen flowers that get oily like that? I’ve heard of greasy and waxy, but this seems extreme.

2 Likes

I had a plant like that, greasy was the term I used. Some plants are just stickier than others.
Bitter tasting I would definitely confirm that’s resin. It’s difficult taste to describe. Almost bitter sour.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reassurance. Gorilla Glue earns the name, holy hell.

2 Likes