This has me puzzled. I have a grow tent approximately 4x3x7 feet. I’m growing one plant under 1000 w equivalent LED light (note: this is my first grow using LED. Previous grows I’ve used a 400 HID light). I’m using General Hydroponics Flora Bloom nutrients. I’m in the blooming stage so I’m mixing for aggressive blooming (1,2,3 ratio). I use a SOG grow method. I monitor CO2, RH & T using a no-name brand monitor. My bloom times tend to be slow so this grow I wanted to increase CO2 levels so I first attempted to make a yeast based CO2 generator from a DIY youtube video but it didn’t seem to generate any noticeable CO2. I next purchased a Grow Bro yeast based generator. The first 2 attempts didn’t increase CO2 levels. Next time around it raised my CO2 to about 1000 ppm. My next did nothing. On this last attempt not only did it not increase my CO2 but it made it drop like a stone. I currently measure about 48 PPM which is hard to believe but removing the sensor from the tent and putting it in my living space it reads about 450 PPM as I’d expect in natural air. I’m growing with my tent door closed. Previously with the HID lights I kept the door mostly open to dissipate the heat. So that’s 3 variables to troubleshoot past. The other symptom I have is trying to keep my ph up. I measure ph using and Extech EC510 water quality probe. It measures Conductivity, TDS, Salinity, pH, and Temperature. If I don’t add a ph up solution almost daily the ph will drop into the into the mid 4 mpl and I’m not sure how far down it will go. In the growing stage (using the aggressive growing nutrient ration of 3,2,1) it eventually stabilized to about 6 mpl).
So, to sum up:
Environment and Equip.
* 4x3x7 foot tent
* 1000 W equivalent LED light. Lighting on 24/7 in grow stage, 10/12 blooming
* SOG layout
* 5 gallon hydroponic bucket
* Using 2 air stones
* General Hydroponics Flora Bloom nutrients
* I use and have always used tap water. My tap water ph is 7 mpl.
* Grow Tent is in my basement.
* Fan circulation
* Temp runs about 21C
* CO2 dropping to around mid to high 40 ppm when adding CO2 from Grow Bro Generator. Without adding CO2 it measures about 480 consistently.
* ph reducing into the mid to upper 4 mpl unless adding a ph up solution then mid 5 mpl (note: this is independent of added CO2).
* Change from 400 w HID lighting to 1000 w LED lighting
* Adding CO2 (well in reality removing CO2) with Grow Bro
* Keeping grow tent door closed.
I think that is about all the information. If anyone has any explanation for this behavior and or a solution I’d appreciate any help you can offer. Obviously I’ve removed the Grow Bo.