Very Little Knowledge, need some insight

Hi,

I’m a first time grower and I am really doing this as an experiment but would like to get you take on how healthy my plant is, sex, leaf issues, and ECT. I notices some browning on the edges and in the center of some of the leaves. I have uploaded my pics and I appreciate your wisdom. THANKS!

1 Like

They look pretty healthy to me. I couldn’t tell the sex by any of those pics, might be too early to tell they might not be showing the preflowers.

As for the brown spots it would be hard to determine a diagnosis without more information. If you could copy and paste the below support ticket it will help us get you pointed in the right direction

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer.

1 Like

THANKS @Jmesser80 here is the I formation I have.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA? BLUBERRY KUSH
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? SOIL
System type?NA
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? PH 7.03

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: NA
Indoor or Outdoor: OUTDOOR
Light system, size? SUNLIGHT (8.5-9hrs direct sunlight
Temps; Day, Night: DAY 76-83; NIGHT 65-69 breezy

Humidity; Day, Night: HUM HAS BEEN RELATIVELY LOW.
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: OUTDOOR
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: OUTDOOR

Co2; Yes, No: NA

Apart from your PH being a touch high rest seems good not even sure how you’d lower PH outside to be honest

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 i’m gonna get you right one day Outdoors your thing?:yum:

@Piff314 do you know what the ph of the water your using to water the plants?

Your PH is a little high for soil growing. You could try adjusting your water down to 6.5 on your next scheduled watering. It might solve your brown spots. (Your brown spots will most likely remain you will want to monitor new growth)

But for the most part they do look healthy. The brown spots could be caused by a pest of some kind.

Let some others comment as well just to be safe, it’s good to get a few people commenting to make sure. I’m still pretty new and don’t want to give you incorrect advice, also I grow indoors and I’m sure there are some tricks to growing outdoors that some of the other members can guide you with.

2 Likes

Hahhaha
I grow indoors and out @B345T
In soil buddy lol
No worries
If you tag me and I can’t help I’ll tag others who can that’s how we do around here lol
I agree with @Jmesser80 on its to early to tell sex at least from what I can see in picture
I will say @Sasquatch may be onto something with the ph
Your directly in soil In the ground ?

1 Like

I’m going to have to make a me a spreadsheet of who does what lol
i really wish i could do outdoors :sob: would be nice to see an auto run free in the wild lol

1 Like

I only grow photos but I think I’m going to give autos a go soon everyone looks to be having great success with them

2 Likes

I’m the other way round only ever done auto’s til jan when i was given 2 clones :expressionless: slowest grow of my life lol, but just started another photo after seeing lots of epic topping being done in here… want to have a look at topping and possibly manifolding on this one if it survives the first scheduled surgery that is :wink:

1 Like

I’ve just recently stared using a water source with a PH of about 5.7 a few days ago to try and lower the PH assuming that was the issue. Did a little digging to try and self asses.

Will try and regulate between 6.3-6.5

1 Like

Yes in the ground. Using a space my wife used to plant her tomatoes.

I try to keep my water with and with out nutes about 6.2 6.5 . I’m growing outside in pots so I think that may provide a bit more control . They look healthy other wise. It would be interesting as to the ph of the soil being a old tomato garden.

1 Like

Ok then I’ll say ph also did you amend the ground before you put them in ? I know you said your wife had grown tomatoes there ?

The ph is a little high. Plants look good but being outside you can get brown spots from all kinds of stuff, water drops blown off a dirty roof for example. If they are few and far between I would not worry too much.

Edit… look at the pic of the spot. The upper leaf shows damage around the tip like run off and the spot below is the splash of the drip. Something spit or dripped or peed on that spot.

How do you get them to grow sideways like that? :clown_face:

3 Likes

I’m curious and maybe missed it. How did you measure runoff with a plant that is in the ground? Did you dissolve some soil in water and measure it or is the PH you have listed your watering PH (not runoff PH)?

Good question @Matthew420

2 Likes

@Matthew420 i did wonder i thought it was some outdoor soil growers trick i was in-aware of

1 Like