Very excited and unskilled newb please help

Jiffy Pellets work good and you can leave them in just pellets for week or more giving your grow box a chance to get there also they can be used in hydro, They should be place 1/2" in the pre soaked pellets and placed under light t5 or CFL with no more than 6 hour dark cycle keep them warm 72f and don’t over water they sell complete dome and tray kits with Jiffy Pellets if there’s condensation on dome they are likely moist enough not to need watering

1 Like

You’re going to need to put them in some kind of soil in a red solo cup cut holes in the bottom like 10 holes in the bottom fill the cup up at least half to three quarters full and they have cracked perfectly. You will be able to wait a week and have them germinated without putting them in something you can start them in soil and wash the soil off when your stuff gets in and you can put your baby’s in there new home just be careful washing all the dirt off because you do not want to damage the root system

1 Like

They guys have you covered and I agree you’ll need to get them in dirt and put them in a sunny spot fill you get your box and lights set up

1 Like

I would just hate to see you waste your money get them sprouted and let them die

1 Like

@Hogmaster, @Countryboyjvd1971, @Majiktoker, @yoshi, and @Donaldj thank you all for your help. I’ve put my babies in the jiffy pellets and it came with a dome lid. I checked the ph of my water it’s a 5. What can I get to control the water ph and where can I get it from? I also out a grow light over them, it makes heat so they are staying warm. I bought solo cups to move them to just in case something goes wrong with my box setup. Any suggestions for the soil? If it is needed. Here’s a pic of the current setup. They are sitting under the light which can be moved up and down when needed until them to their permanent home. I’m hoping that I will bee able to handle 3 plants at once, my plan was to only do 1 but I didn’t want to waste the seeds. Maybe they will be ready to flower by the time my ILGM seeds get in. Inn the meantime, what water nutrients can I use in my grow box? I ordered some with my seeds already but I figure I’m going to need them within the next few weeks when they start veg phase. By the way, whay kind of time frame am I looking at for veg phase to begin?
Uploading…

1 Like

You can going to flower almost anytime the longer you veg the bigger it will be her usually veg for about 40 to 60 days

Pic didn’t load @New_Hotness
I would get ph up and ph down
You can get it on Amazon or at any good hydro shop or garden center should have it
I tend to use Amazon since they ship directly to house in 2 days with prime
But if Your in a hurry you local hydro shop should have it
I was always told 4 weeks min veg time but as @Hogmaster said you can go earlier but longer veg means bigger plant :seedling:

1 Like

Sorry, I hope this one loads. My box arrived today. Will my babies be ok in their current setup until Sunday? Do I use soil or am I supposed to use something else? I got net pots for them. I went on Amazon and got the ph kit, the ph tester, humidity checker, and thermometer. Is there anything else I’m going to need for my setup? Thanks again everyone. :wink:

If it where me and my first grow buy some 3 or 5 gallon smart pots some fox farm ocean soil you got ph on way you would be set for a medium grow in no time I use ffof 100% success

this is using the soil no nutrients distilled water pH between 6.3 and 6.8 72 day to a harvest white widow auto got a little over 2 o dry

8 Likes

There won’t be a veg. Because I believe they are white widow auto starter kit I’m not a hydroponic person but will he be able to clean the roads off and make it hydroponic by the time He has everything going think it be easier to spend 25 bucks on a bag of soil Fox Farm and let it grow but I may be wrong

3 Likes

@garrigan62 @Majiktoker what do you fellas think about the guys situation?

@Hogmaster,i went to my local ‘‘grow’’ store last week and the owner was unloading a pallet of ffof. he got it off the truck,signed the paperwork then asked if i wanted any before he took it inside. so i got a bag tended to my business and left…went back today and not one bag left,the owner said it was gone the next day! lol great stuff

2 Likes

For indoor growing I swear by it

2 Likes

I’m loving the ffof as well have not had an issue
You can order fro Walmart shipped right to your house @BIGE
Took only 4 days from order to delivery of my soil and price was good also
And I also use the soft pots (smart pots ) they work great :+1:
I not a hydro guy either. So can’t really help much with that subject
@New_Hotness you’ll want to invest in a TDS meter as well

@Countryboyjvd1971 how much is it running through Walmart I’m paying about 30 something through the nursery

2 Likes

I paid like 32 I think it was per bag 6 cubic feet ea 4 bag lot @Hogmaster the local guy wanted 45 ea and forget Amazon lol
And 12 quart size they are 28ea so larger bags are a better value

2 Likes

Have same tray should do the trick I would drain out extra water then put dome on if it has condensation they have enough moisture

@Donaldj, @Countryboyjvd1971, @Hogmaster, @yoshi, @Majiktoker…WHOO HOO!!!Two of my babies have sprouted! Check out the oldest and the middle babies. The youngest is taking her sweet time coming out though.

I’m setting up the box tomorrow. I ordered the ph up/down kit which should be here by Monday. What growing medium should I use in the net pots? My new ph meter came in, what is the recommended ph level at this stage? Thank you all so much. You have definitely helped me get my first grow off to a good start. :seedling: :joy:

2 Likes

Woohoo now you in the game :+1::v:

1 Like

So I came home today and this is how the babies looked.

As you can see one has still not popped up so I’m wondering if it’s a dud. I don’t want to do anything to it cuz I think it’s the one that cracked last. Maybe it’ll will come out later and make for a great smoke… how much longer should I wait for it to pop? And how long can the other two stay in the jiffy dome setup before I move them to the grow cabinet/ box?