Vertigo autos + 710 stray high priority auto

I was starting to lose the faith there for a while. Dropped 5 seeds and 4 failed. My abysmal failure rate was getting to me so I tried again. Dropped 5 beans from Paradise seeds and they’ve all germinated with cracking tap roots, happy days. I ordered feminised and they’ve sent autos :man_shrugging:. So I now have 5 autos about to break soil. Planted them this afternoon 13th May. Going to run the “high priority” seedling in this journal as well seeing as it’s a sole survivor. It has been on the go since the 18th April, an auto and currently 1" tall :heart_eyes:. So it looks like my next grow will be all autos :see_no_evil::scream:

1 Like

Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches brother. Adjust, adapt and carry on. I’m gonna come along for the ride, if you don’t mind :+1: :v:

2 Likes

You’re always welcome around these parts brother. Trying to get these to germinate was getting to me, I tried everything from soak, h2o2, dark, light, paper towel, no paper towel, little heat, load of heat, then final into damp soil with high humidity and left them. They’re still in there just now. They’re done but I will keep checking anyway :see_no_evil::scream::scream::joy::joy:.
Looking forward to an all auto grow. Not sure whether to LST, scrog or just do a mrpeat and let them grow wild. Thoughts brother

1 Like

I hear ya brother been there, done that, got the T-shirt for sure. It drove me crazy. I even had a couple of other people try em, just to check myself. Some seeds are just duds. I even tried lightly sanding the shell with fine sandpaper. I have yet to get one of those seeds to crack. I dunno why I keep trying, hardheaded I reckon. I have been in contact with the breeder several times, I’m really interested in some of the strains.
I topped the first few autos I grew and ended up with bonsai plants. I know that this works well for others, just hasn’t for me. I just LST now. I don’t know that a scrog would do much good, due to the fact that you have no control over the veg time with autos. I may attempt topping again down the road but, for me, I just LST my autos for the time being. Just my thoughts :+1: :v:

1 Like

I have 1 Northern lights that I have done the LST with and she’s looking GOOD. Should see the colas. I have her on 0.30.50 and shes soaking it up. I hear you on the scrog, jury was out on that one.
I have a tale of 3 NL that I grew a long time ago. I topped 2 and left the 3rd to see how it went. The 3rd one I fried to a crisp. No water for days and intense 100+ greenhouse temps. Forgot about it completely. I could turn the leaves to dust in my hand. Watered it and she turned around and whipped the other two. So I totally get the bonsai thing because that’s what I ended up with on the two I topped. LST it is, will let one go natural and see what happens

1 Like

I’m still experimenting with autos myself. I have been having good luck with the LST, so far. There are lots here that have great success with topping autos. I am just trying to find what works best for me. This is one I topped and is in a 5gal pot.

This is one I have going now and only did LST and is in a 10gal pot

Also I think genetics has a lot to do with it, that is why I definitely plan on trying topping again down the road. LST just seems to be working for me now. :v:

1 Like

Signed on and ready to watch.

1 Like

I’ve topped two of my photos, one sativa (which I’m properly impressed with) and one indica and both are going nuts, so as far as topping goes I’m going to be doing it all the time now. I’ve transplanted both tops and they’re doing great as well. My NL is doing well with the LST and I should get a great yield. So topping gets a big nod from me on the photos. I might try a top on an auto just for :poop: and giggles :sunglasses:

@Bulldognuts good to have you on board brother :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I haven’t been checking new post as much recently. Happy that I did. Good luck.

1 Like

Oh, I top the hell outta my photos as well as LST and been doing some, I guess you call it monster/super cropping recently. :+1: :v:

2 Likes

I’ve only done the monster crop once and it was great. Just one plant and it blew my socks off. I love supercropping though, it’s amazing just how much abuse these plants take :see_no_evil::joy:

1 Like

Yeah the resilience of these plants never ceases to amaze me. Believe me, I can be right rough on them :v:

1 Like

Nearly a disaster last night. Mixed my nutes and tested my PH using my new Apera PH tester. PH had dropped to 5.2 :scream:. I don’t have any PH up so I’m going to try a little Bicarbonate of soda. PH of this is around 8.0 so should lift it to where it needs to be, thoughts?

1 Like

Not sure about that, it will be interesting to find out. Let us know what happens.

1 Like

I will try it on one plant today and keep you posted. I have scales there so I will measure how much bicarbonate to 1 litre of mixed PH 5.2 nutes and see how much it will take to bring it to 6.8 :thinking:
Then I will monitor the plant for a few days to see how she fares

I have used baking soda in a pinch before but, only when in a bind :v:

1 Like

I’m stuck just now so I will try it for the short term until I get som PH up

1 Like

The bicarbonate of soda is in and works out at a gram/litre. So I’ve upped my PH to 6.8 on two plants so far. Just going to check PPMs now and see where I’m at :sunglasses:

PPMs are around 800 out with 1400 in. PH on the AK47 was 6.4 out and the purple wreck was 6.2 out with a slightly higher PPM of 1000 out, which figures given the PH. Looks like the PW, which is more indica, is struggling with the lower PH and it shows in her growth. She is smaller in stature than her AK47 sativa partner. Need to flush her a little and try to lift that 6.2 up to nearer 6.4 - 6.5 out. AK47 is showing a slight touch of nute burn as well but not overly worried about that. Clones and NL auto are next :sunglasses: