This is my first attempt at growing so please bare with me. I’ve probably read way too much but the following is how i chose to start.
- soaked two of each strain in tap water (pH 6)
-placed in 78 degree room for 16 hours
- transferred to moist paper towel and placed in the dark
- 18 hrs later all were sprouting
- transferred to rockwool cubes - here’s what i chose to do with the rockwool (right or wrong…)
- I flushed cubes with pH 6 Reverse Osmosis (RO) water until pH was about 6 near as i could tell.
- added a little Mycos to each planting hole
- mixed up some dilute (1cc/ml per cup h2o) Dr. Earth Root Zone plant starter, added 1/2 teaspoon Azos to the liquid and dunked each cube into the liquid briefly. Solution - pH 5.5 and 500ppm.
- gently inserted the germinating beans and placed in a grow dome.
- currently sitting at 79 degrees going to shoot for 60% RH but still working on that.
I am aware that many don’t add any nutes and/or amendments this early on but I chose to do what i listed above. I like to do things the hard way…
First question - when should I start the 18/6 veg cycle? Before they spout out of the RW, after, or does it even matter?
Thanks in advance,