Ventilation for a 5x5x8 tent

I am thinking a fan that is about 400 CFM, now my question is to have it push air out or bring air in.
I stay where it gets cold, should I bring the air from outside in or the other way???

1 Like

You want the fan taking air into the tent, and you’ll want to exhaust into a room. No need to vent from the outside, or vent exhaust to the outside.

1 Like

Umm are you using a carbon filter? If so exhaust pulling through filter from in tent…

1 Like

Yes carbon filter too. Lol. Missed that one.

1 Like

Ok got a fan that is 400 CFM that is extracting air out and a fan bringing air in

3 Likes

Maybe missing the White prefilter over the carbon filter - maybe I’m just picky :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i took it off, I was doing some experimenting… it wasn’t pulling air through the filter so I took it, still wasn’t pulling air so i took the duct off and LOL then i closed the tent and it just started to cave in

1 Like

I would install the prefilter when you get a chance.

2 Likes

I recently helped my old grow partner set up her grow tent same size as yours. We have both an intake and exhaust fan. To date it’s working great for her. Only thing we did different is adding a filter at the end of the intake hose (like a cap) to keep from sucking in dust and other contaminants.
Currently she only has 3 autos going while she’s learning how to adjust temperature and humidity, etc.
Sorry, no pics, as it’s her grow, not mine, and we are in a not so friendly state.
Best of luck with your new setup and future harvests.

2 Likes

Using cheese cloth and a great big rubber band. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Something similar using carbon filters cut to fit. Always check on dust, etc and change out as needed. :+1:

1 Like