Vegging with a blurple

Was going to return both if my blurples. But I am going to keep one to veg with instead. I used it for the first two weeks ~ of my current grow and had very satisfactory results. I was not using the bloom switch for that. It is a pretty powerful light at 320 actual watts. Will they grow better under the primarily white light? Or add the red in too?

If just vegging you can just run the veg switch, the reds are for bloom so they’re not needed. I veg with my blurples and they do a great job at that.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, appreciate ya!

I also used my blurple to veg and had zero complaints in veg! Still a new grower, but went the alibaba route to upgrade my lights. Hopefully they work well!

2 Likes

You know, I considered going that route but my wife has put her foot down and won’t let my grow spill out beyond my walk-in closet. So I can’t put up my veg tent as it won’t fit. But this is what I have worked out lol.

This light puts off a good amount of heat but the shell stays cool. I don’t think I can have a QB touching the wall and tent like that. Hope your light works out for ya!

1 Like

With quantum boards, the light gets warm but not bad, it’s the driver that gets hot. You can mount those anywhere though and have a fan blowing in it and it’s no longer an issue!

1 Like

I’ve used a blurple, with just the veg switch on. It did/does ok. I wouldn’t consider it the best spectrum.

2 Likes

Alright I tried to not think about it…but you got me. What might I safely mount the driver to? Assume a bare closet. No shelves. Nothing. What could I mount to the wall then mount the driver to?

I mounted mine outside the tent on the wall. Keep the heat out of the. You could get another heat sync and mount hem on that as well.

1 Like

I’m confused I think. Just straight screwed into the wall? Nothing in between?

Correct. With the fan blowing on it it’s not too hot and sits on the wall perfect.

1 Like

Okay then I guess I have to send the blurples back if it’s really that easy. No excuse. I’ll just delay return on one til I have the new light. I’m paranoid I guess. Feel like it’d burn the wall.

It’s not too bad with the fan. Warm to the touch. It is warm enough to cause pain after a few seconds if there is no fan, but with the fan I have no worries of any wall damage at all.

1 Like

Okay. Would a 16 inch standing fan right up on it suffice? That’s what I have in mind.

They’re fine on the wall. Mine is screwed directly into drywall.

4 Likes

Any fan at all. And as @BobbyDigital said, you may not even need the fan on them! I may be going overboard as well! (But it wouldn’t hurt either)

1 Like

That seems crazy to me. Guess I’m over thinking it. Thanks fellas.

Last question I promise. For veg only I want the 3500 over the 3000 LEDs right?

That is my understanding. 3500 is better for full cycle.

1 Like

I’m hoping you mean 3000 better for full. 3500 veg right. Otherwise I’m confused again :wink: