Veggies in a tent, basement November begin

Whole lotta stuff! Is that gonna nearly fill the tent or plan on taking some out?
I’m gonna be over my capabilities here, already shuffling things around.

1 Like

Took the squash outta the tent because I dont wanna be needing to move it and build a trellis when it takes off. Gonna try to take it vertical. Radish will be eaten before the squash makes a fruit I think

1 Like

Gonna try and keep it all in the tent. 4 x 8 and I’ll be taking the black table (right side) out once my toms and peppers get a jump on growing.

why 14/10 any photoperiod vegs?

Just trying to mimic the sunlight during summer in my area.

1 Like

I was gonna do the same to get the May early summer indoors. Just wondering if it’s to favor one plant or another

1 Like

Got a few peas, plants are small though. Probably enough for a snack soon.
And the mini buds in there for 12 hours a day

2 Likes

The lids I used to cover soil is was a bad move, not working good. Fungus on surface. Sorry to take over your topic but I wanna let it be known…

1 Like

Some pictures :camera_flash:.

2 Likes

Nice with all the variety. I took mine out of the tent so kinda don’t qualify for ‘veggies in a tent’ anymore hah but looks like my squash and broccoli are picking up speed now

2 Likes

12/19 update. Man, it is really going much better than expected!
Bush Beans - flowering & producing green beans!
Snow Peas - about to sprout, 34" tall.
Patio/Hanging Basket Tomatoes - Yellow flowering/Reds really not well.
Cukes - sending out tendrils.
Lettuce/Spinach - on our 2nd planting, eating well, crisp & fresh.
Peppers - slow…
Early Boy Bush Toms - growing very well.
Herbs - doing OK, may be old seeds…
Zucchini - just sprouting.
Carrots - not planted yet.

2 Likes

Any idea what could have done this to my snow peas; they got about a foot and a half high, then just got bushier and made peas, I took a small harvest, and they started dying. At 16/8 lighting and consistently moist soil, slightly below room temp. I’m starting them again with stronger lights but dunno…

I have NO idea. Weird.

Today was first bean harvest from the Basement Veggie Tent!!! Fresh beans!

2 Likes

Place a scrog net horizontally against the wall and use it for a tomato trellis. It will save you lots of floor space.

3 Likes

holy crap thats genius!

2 Likes

I bought 36" tomato cages and bent part of the legs inward. Placed them in 3 or5 gallon cloth pots and filled with dirt. We had container green beans, snow peas and red & yellow grape toms that did real good. Thought about a trellis conected to the tent poles - too late! Will try again next year!

1 Like

Saw some talk earlier in the thread about hand pollinating cucumbers with a paintbrush.
Been there, done that, then I bought some Diva seeds, which are a self-pollinating strain. What a relief!